What's new
What's new

Fanuc 6tb question

PalmerC

Plastic
How do I change the values in the settings page I am trying to set up my machine for Rs 232 I have no problem with the parameters but can’t figure out how to change the stuff in the settings page . Thanks Palmer

It's been a very long time since I last touched a 6 series control....

Something sticks in my mind that you have to press P then the key in the new data then press Input. Have you tried that?

That's been decades, but didn't you have to group parameters together and write them as a 4 digit hex number?

D0 you have the Fanuc manual for your control? It has a parameter listing that will tell you which parameter and bits affect the RS232. On most controls of that vintage you will need to reenter all 8 bits for the parameter. Someone here should have a manual and be able to give you the info if you don't have a manual. The entry is just binary (1's and 0's) for these, not in hex. Pretty sure these are not changeable on the settings page. You can view them from the parameter page, but until you flip the PWE switch on the main board, they cannot be changed.

I don’t have the parameter list for the control I have gone and changed the parameters that I know to change but I need to change that one thing on the settings page . You may be right and there is a parameter that corresponds with it I just don’t know witch one

Back