What's new
What's new

FANUC a06b-6044-h010

wkwar

Plastic
Dear all

seems like my drive is bad. what is a alternative to good used unit?

also, cam i use an A06B-6055-H108 drive from my other machine?

..seems like my drive is bad. what is a alternative to good used unit?

You can send the dead drive to TIE...FANUC Parts and Industrial Electronics | Buy New and Replacement FANUC Parts Online at Fanucworld.com

..also, cam i use an A06B-6055-H108 drive from my other machine?

Technically you probably could. It's an ugly, ugly thing though. Your -6044-H010 drive is a Model 12 analog drive. The -6055-H108 is a Model 8 digital drive. The Model 8 is lower HP than a Model 12. There are also different RPM versions (4500 and 6000) of both drives. You would have to have those matched or possibly have the Model 8 be a 6000 RPM. With enough parameter changes you could probably get the Model 8 drive to not overspeed your Model 12 motor if your Model 8 drive was the 6000 RPM version and your Model 12 motor was the 4500 RPM version. The next thing is you will be how to deal with the reduced HP. I do not have the manual with the HP specs handy to tell you the difference absolutely, but it will probably be something like 25-30% lower. Another thing you would need to sort out would be a set of drive and control parameters.

I second using T.I.E. as that is who I use, they aren't the cheapest but I have found they are the most reliable.

The analog drives are pretty simple. I'm not a rocket surgeon, but I was able to download the Fanuc analog drive manual for free and use a ohmeter and a O-scope to repair mine.

I've actually repaired the same drive 3 times. Top board twice and IGBT's

By far the most difficult part is keeping track of all the unlabeled white wires when you replace the IGBT's. I used a fine tip sharpie to label all the wires and terminals and took lots of pictures.

I blew the IGBT's apart in my big VMC's Digital drive and got lucky. $300 in new IGBT's and it works better than it ever did. A lot better than a $5000 repair bill and shipping a small refrigerator across the country.

I had a slew of problems related to higher incoming voltage than a realized.

Back