What's new
What's new

Fanuc Alarm- 1072 Tool No.Duplicated

nfd370

Plastic
I have a Toyoda vertical 3 axis with a Fanuc 18i-MB controller. I had a tool change interrupted do to a loss of air pressure. I recovered the tool change arm to Pos 0, however I now have an alarm that says, "1072 Tool Number Duplicated". I haven't seen this alarm before. It is preventing me from moving any axis or use MDI mode. I have calls in for support but have nothing yet. I am also unable to clear this alarm. Help!

I have a Toyoda vertical 3 axis with a Fanuc 18i-MB controller. I had a tool change interrupted do to a loss of air pressure. I recovered the tool change arm to Pos 0, however I now have an alarm that says, "1072 Tool Number Duplicated". I haven't seen this alarm before. It is preventing me from moving any axis or use MDI mode. I have calls in for support but have nothing yet. I am also unable to clear this alarm. Help!

I believe that means your tool pot data table has the same tool number in two different pots.

I'm not sure what the table looks like on your control, but you have to go in there and correct the data table through NC/PC window.
There's a table with each numbered pot, and the data field is the number of the tool currently in that magazine pot.

This is how I fix it on my machine which is a Kasuga with this controller.

Turn mode to hand wheel - on the kasuga it is all the way to the left.

Select custom

soft key 3 - t setting. this will bring up the list of tool numbers and a flashing cursor

Find the duplicate number and change it to something that isnt already used and hit 'input'.

The press 'put' soft key and the words data check will flash up and the tool number page will change

HTH

This is how I fix it on my machine which is a Kasuga with this controller.

In case you don't know...

Alarms like the OP has are machine builder specific. The software (ladder program)that controls items like the toolchanger and magazine is written by the machine tool builder, not Fanuc. There is almost no possibility that the process to set tool and pot assignment will be the same between Toyoda and Kasuga.

I have a similar problem but a 1066 alarm on an 18i Fanuc, Toyoda BM1600 AWEA with 30 pot tool changer
Tool data table has been reset/renumbered then T0 commanded in MDI to set T0 in the spindle. Machine works normally but tool changes work up to T9 and T20 to T30 I get the Tool Duplicated alarm. T10 brings in T25, T11 T26, etc. D0000 on the PMC PRM (DATA) 001/001 screen shows -103 in D0000. It should be 99. In other places that should be 99 there is -103 also. Can't change these manually either.

Update: Problem solved. On the screen shown in the attached pic, Bit 0 was a zero (Decimal format) instead of a one (BCD Format). (Get to this screen by pressing. SYSTEM-PMC-DATA. If you don't see the screen after pressing DATA, change K900#7=0 (PMC DATA screen is displayed) See attached. When I changed this bit to a one, the G-Data tool table had non-numbers in D0010 to D0019. These non-number characters (: ; = < >, etc) probably have equivalent decimal numbers that were offset the amount the tool was actually grabbing. I changed these codes to the tool numbers in sequence with the pot numbers and everything was back to normal. D0000 now shows 99 instead of -103 and all other -103 are now 99 alsoPMC Data.jpg

Last edited:

Back