What's new
What's new

Fanuc alarm 414 and 411

subway_savage

Plastic
Hi,

I have a flat bed lathe with a Fanuc Powermate controller, i am getting x axis alarm 414 (and sometimes 411 along with it) repeating on the same program on the same position, If i restart the machine it goes away and alarms back on the same exact spot (taking a Z finish pass). what could cause this to alarm out on the same spot ? the roughing passes worked fine.(this program was run before without issues)

This alarm appeared before a few times on the same axis when the machine is first powered up but never during a program. The servo amps do not have a number display for the code

I was thinking of swapping the servo amps to see if the alarm stays or moves to the other axis. And maybe disconnect the motors from the ball screw and run the program to eliminate any mechanical issues.

Thank you.

First thing I would do is check the cabling to the encoder, make sure the connection is clean and tight on both ends and the cable isn't damaged.

Hi,

I checked the cable and cleaned all the connections, everything was in good shape, the alarm still comes on at the same part of the program (+-10mm on the Z).

Thing is it only comes during that cut, MDI program and jog movements do not trigger any alarm.

i had it feed on the Z while being on the same X position in MDI, i moved the cables around to see if theres an issue with the connection but no alarm.

Edit: now i am only getting 414 servo alarm.

Thanks.

Hi,

I checked the cable and cleaned all the connections, everything was in good shape, the alarm still comes on at the same part of the program (+-10mm on the Z).

Thing is it only comes during that cut, MDI program and jog movements do not trigger any alarm.

i had it feed on the Z while being on the same X position in MDI, i moved the cables around to see if theres an issue with the connection but no alarm.

Edit: now i am only getting 414 servo alarm.

Thanks.

Is everything the same in MDI movements, feed, rpms, depth of cut, etc,etc as when programmed?

Hi,

Not quite the same as the program, as i went to run the MDI cut according the program, The damn thing wont clear the alarm after restarting the machine. I disconnected the motor power supply connector and it let me reset the alarm. Upon further inspection i think i can see a small cut in the insulation of one of the wires going into the connector. I'm gonna have to fix that and i hope that will solve the problem.

Thanks for the help so far.

Edit: so it looks like the connector was tampered with in a previous lifetime, someone did a sloppy repair job. After cleaning it out and reconnecting it, it finally gave up and shorted out full time. so a new power cable is needed and i hope that should fix the issue.

Thank you CITIZEN F16 for the help.

Last edited:

Back