What's new
What's new

Fanuc All Programs Output

spargomachine

Plastic
Hi,

I routinely back up the programs of the lathes in my shop (all Fanuc, including 0,18 and 31), and was wondering if there is a way to output all programs at once but as individual files. My process is usually just O-9999 and send them out but when I want to send just one back in at a later date I have to find it in a big long file and then make it into its own file. I know I can send out one at a time, but with 200+ programs on each control this would be very time consuming (Yes we do like having that many files on the control as same parts come around frequently).

Thanks for any help

Depending on the 0 control age, and the 18 and 31's you should consider doing an SRAM backup a couple of times a year.
It makes putting the world back together when you have a memory loss much easier.

Bill

You want to output all programs, similar to O-9999, but have each one output as a different file?

On your 18 and 31, do you have the PMCIA slot on the front of your control? Near the screen? If so, you can get a memory card that slides in there, and output all programs to the card. It will save the files as individual files, and you can take them to your computer and save them to it (if you have a slot/usb adapter for said memory card)

If you do not have that slot (and you won't for the 0), you would either have to find a DNC program that can split up programs as it receives them (example, if it reads Oxxxx, it will start a new file; or it reads M30/M99 and starts a new file). I don't know of any that will do this, but maybe some do?

The other option is to use a more powerful text editor. I believe notepad++ can do this, just by doing a quick google search, although I've never done it myself. It might take a bit of configuration. There seem to be other utilities that will accomplish the same thing, try a quick google search.

On Fanuc controls equipped with Manual Guide i, the conversational software has a very good file I/O utility that can output one, some, or all files. You can pick and choose what you want to send/receive and what you want to avoid.

Hi,

I routinely back up the programs of the lathes in my shop (all Fanuc, including 0,18 and 31), and was wondering if there is a way to output all programs at once but as individual files. My process is usually just O-9999 and send them out but when I want to send just one back in at a later date I have to find it in a big long file and then make it into its own file. I know I can send out one at a time, but with 200+ programs on each control this would be very time consuming (Yes we do like having that many files on the control as same parts come around frequently).

Thanks for any help

Why are you saving programs on your control?

Back