What's new
What's new

Fanuc backup battery for DMC DL 22A lathe

mvitoux

Plastic
Does anyone have an alternative source such as Batteries Plus for a Fanuc back-up battery on a DMC DL 22A Lathe? I have a part# A98L-0031-0025 from the manufacturer. Just want a quicker alternative than waiting for ship time. Thank you in advance for any input.

Depends upon your soldering skills, but I've been systematically switching our Fanucs over to 4 D-cell battery packs when the Fanuc ones fail. They last 2 to 3 years before needing replacing AND they're a lot cheaper than the Fanuc battery packs. Batteries+ may even have the plastic battery holders. I got mine from Radio Shack. Yep. That long ago.

Depends upon your soldering skills, but I've been systematically switching our Fanucs over to 4 D-cell battery packs when the Fanuc ones fail.

This is a pretty popular and common replacement plan.

Another option that I use pretty regularly also requires some soldering/DIY skills. Buy these....

3.6V AA SIZE BATTERY W/LEADS | All Electronics Corp.

and build your own replacment pack. These have about twice the mAh rating as the OEM cells. I've got a 4 cell pack of them in my Mori for the absolute encoders. They have been in there for over 6 years now and still no low battery warning.

Back