What's new
What's new

Fanuc battery and parameters 0i Mate control

bob

Titanium
Lathe sat for long time unused was pretty sure battery was bad. Powered it up screen shows alarm list shown in attached picture. I found the battery on the control behind the screen
but cant find the other ones. Can someone tell me where to look?
Also pretty sure parameters are gone, one page picked at random in attachment. Can you have a look and confirm?

Thanks
Bob

Attachments

• fanuc1.jpg
    fanuc1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 52
  • fanuc2.jpg
    fanuc2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 55
Those alarms refer to the battery on the servo drive. The X and Z axis probably share a drive, so there will only be one battery to change. You'll need to reset your home positions, but this doesn't mean your parameters are lost. Is there something else that leads you to believe that you lost parameters?

I found the battery on the control behind the screen but cant find the other ones. Can someone tell me where to look?
Also pretty sure parameters are gone, one page picked at random in attachment. Can you have a look and confirm?

Thanks
Bob

Hi Bob.

The battery you're looking for should be inside the electrical cabinet on the back of the machine. It'll be a little yellow squarish battery that plugs into one of the Fanuc drive units. Last one I bought was around $50 bucks and they last about a year. Replacing the battery will clear some of your alarms.
There's a procedure for re-homing your X and Z axis. It varies from control to control. Someone on here may even be able to send it to you.

From the looks of your pics the battery behind the screen is ok. The controller comes up and knows its a lathe so I'd say you're probably ok.

~aj

Back