Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by litlerob1 View Post
    But his issue is that when he resets the machine, he needs to re home it.
    That is a result of some other operational or programmatic thing the OP is doing. If one is using work shift, and tool offsets, then re-homing should not be required after a Reset.

Need to really see the entire program to see what is going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know why I need to rehome after reset, that is not the issue. Thatís a topic that Iím sure is covered in other threads, probably Ďintro to offsetsí or something like that.

ĎReleasing the logicí is really what Iím after. Documentation I have for the machine doesnít cover it keep relays but that seems like a fair guess. First thing to try when I get back to it is M02. I remember from when I got it 20 years ago that it doesnít like M02, but wants M30 instead, I just donít remember why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Clymer View Post
    I know why I need to rehome after reset, that is not the issue. That’s a topic that I’m sure is covered in other threads, probably ‘intro to offsets’ or something like that.

‘Releasing the logic’ is really what I’m after. Documentation I have for the machine doesn’t cover it keep relays but that seems like a fair guess. First thing to try when I get back to it is M02. I remember from when I got it 20 years ago that it doesn’t like M02, but wants M30 instead, I just don’t remember why.

I have an idea, when you get off your phone and are at work tomorrow. COPY and PASTE the ENTIRE program into your next post. I say copy and paste, because that's better than going from human memory.

What you are asking to rewrite the Ladder, which is fine on your own. But people don't like telling someone from a distance what to rewrite.

R

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is a program in its entirety. Tool 4 is a groove/cutoff, tool 6 is a barpuller, tool 2 is a knurling tool. I get 21 pieces from a bar. The bar is pulled, the left end knurled, and piece is cutoff with some edge breaking. Please excuse the lower case letters, it was faster to type this way.

O8100;
    M68;
    M00;
    G97;
    G99 F0.001;
    G00 x5.0 z5.0;
    M03;
    M08;
    T0404;
    G00 x5.0 z5.0;
    X1.0 z0.0;
    X0.3;
    G01 F0.001 x0.230;
    X0.260;
    Z-0.025;
    Z0.0 R-0.022;
    X-0.008;
    G00 x1.0;
    X5.0 z5.0;
    M98 P8101 L21;
    G00 x5.0;
    Z10.0;
    M05;
    M09;
    M69;
    M30;

08101;
    G00 x5.0 z5.0;
    M03;
    M08;
    X3.0 z3.0;
    M05;
    T0606;
    G00 z1.0 x0.0;
    Z0.1;
    G98 F40.0;
    G01 z-0.220;
    M69;
    Z2.028;
    M68;
    Z3.0;
    G00 z4.0;
    X5.0;
    T0202;
    M03;
    G00 x1.0 z0.457;
    G99;
    G01 F0.012 x0.0;
    Z0.150 F0.008;
    G04 P250;
    G00 x1.0;
    X4.0 z3.0;
    T0404;
    G00 x0.5 z0.0;
    X0.3;
    G01 F0.001 x0.240;
    X0.260;
    Z0.015;
    X0.230 z0.0;
    X0.260;
    z-0.025;
    X0.250;
    Z0.0 R-0.023;
    X-0.008;
    G00 x5.0;
    Z5.0;
    M99;

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

O8100;
    M68;
    M00;
    G97;
    G99 F0.001;
    G00 x5.0 z5.0;
    M03;
    M08;
    Hello Clymer,
    It could be that the Chuck Open, or Close M Code modifies the setting of a keeprelay, as suggested by Kevin and it could be that Reset resets it to a default. Its not a Fanuc issue and to find the answer you would need to look for it in YAM documentation, or track the execution of M68 and M69 in the PMC Ladder.

Given that the above code is the start of your program, how are you setting the Workpiece Coordinate System to get whatever tool may be in the active position to X5.0 Z5.0 when the program is started? There is no Tool Call in the Start part of your program, so any tool may be indexed in position when it starts.

I know why I need to rehome after reset, that is not the issue. That’s a topic that I’m sure is covered in other threads, probably ‘intro to offsets’ or something like that.
    So if you know, why don't you remedy the situation so that you don't have to re-home the axes?

I just don't get it why anyone would have a poorly constructed program, such as this, one that is potentially unsafe, know why they have to something that they're not happy doing and not do something about it.

As mentioned, it could be that YAM meant Reset to be pressed to re-enable the Chuck Open/Close manual actuator. Clearly, it would be sensible to resolve the issue of having to re-home the axes, then look for the answer to the Manual Open/Close of the chuck issue.

Regards,

Bill
    Last edited by angelw; 05-16-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree itís bad practice, thatís why I didnít want this to turn into a discussion about offsets. They didnít teach us the proper way to set offsets or use work offsets in trade school. The lathe there had a presetter arm, we would just touch off with it and go from there. I bought this lathe and started my own business right after I finished, so no on the job training. I knew I wasnít doing it right, but it worked. I just havenít taken time, to change it bc Iíll have to touch off and change all the tool offsets, as well as learning the right way. So itís not that Iím unwilling to change it, just havenít had time to. Thanks to everybody for your suggestions, Iíll look into the ladder logic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree it’s bad practice, that’s why I didn’t want this to turn into a discussion about offsets. They didn’t teach us the proper way to set offsets or use work offsets in trade school. The lathe there had a presetter arm, we would just touch off with it and go from there. I bought this lathe and started my own business right after I finished, so no on the job training. I knew I wasn’t doing it right, but it worked. I just haven’t taken time, to change it bc I’ll have to touch off and change all the tool offsets, as well as learning the right way. So it’s not that I’m unwilling to change it, just haven’t had time to. Thanks to everybody for your suggestions, I’ll look into the ladder logic.
    By the time you do that and get a handle on it (and you may discover that the MTB just wants you to Press Reset to re-enable the Manual Chuck actuator), you could have learnt how to set the machine and offsets correctly times over. My suggestion; spend your time more productively and learn how to operate the control.

Regards,

Bill

8. Likes litlerob1, Vancbiker liked this post