What's new
What's new

Fanuc G83 Parameter?

Steve@Reliance

Hot Rolled
All I want to do is drill a stupid hole on the Nakamura. Trying to use G83, (I am used to Mazatrol) I have My Q .1 Z-2.75, R.1 F.0025 The cycle will work, but the peck won't retract from the hole and feeds back from the retract postilion. Parameter 5114 is .100 and 5115 is also .100. What am I missing?

All I want to do is drill a stupid hole on the Nakamura. Trying to use G83, (I am used to Mazatrol) I have My Q .1 Z-2.75, R.1 F.0025 The cycle will work, but the peck won't retract from the hole and feeds back from the retract postilion. Parameter 5114 is .100 and 5115 is also .100. What am I missing?

G98 Before the G83?

G98G83Q.1Z-2.75R.1F.0025

Could be it a G83.something ? probably best to check with Elliot, surely one of their techs knows what it needs.

I've not figured G83 with a full retract on my lathe yet, G83.5 works fine but that only retracts a bit before pecking again, not all the way out, letting the cad/cam long hand that one right now. Definitely ain't like G83 on the mill.

Hello Steve,
It would help if you were to identify the Type of machine, ie., Lathe or Mill. If a lathe, and as a Lathe Control doesn't have a dedicated G73 High Speed Peck Cycle (G73 is a Pattern Repeat, Multi-repetitve Cycle), parameter bit 5101.2 needs to be set to either 0, or 1 to specify the behavior of the G83 Cycle.

Set to "0" to have the cycle behave like a typical Mill G73 cycle and retract an amount set in parameter 5114. Set to "1" to retract to the "R" plane as per a typical Mill G83 Cycle.

Regards,

Bill

HI Bill, It is a AS 200 lathe.

Hello Steve,
It would help if you were to identify the Type of machine, ie., Lathe or Mill. If a lathe, and as a Lathe Control doesn't have a dedicated G73 High Speed Peck Cycle (G73 is a Pattern Repeat, Multi-repetitve Cycle), parameter bit 5101.2 needs to be set to either 0, or 1 to specify the behavior of the G83 Cycle.

Set to "0" to have the cycle behave like a typical Mill G73 cycle and retract an amount set in parameter 5114. Set to "1" to retract to the "R" plane as per a typical Mill G83 Cycle.

Regards,

Bill

G98 Before the G83?

G98G83Q.1Z-2.75R.1F.0025

i believe
G98 is retract to initial Z when G98 was used
G99 is retract to R which is often in a hole if you want to rapid down into existing hole like drilling deeper with a longer drill
so if hole already 4" deep you can use the one to rapid down 3.9" into hole rather than feed all the way down into existing hole
obviously read the manuals on it

i believe
G98 is retract to initial Z when G98 was used
G99 is retract to R which is often in a hole if you want to rapid down into existing hole like drilling deeper with a longer drill
so if hole already 4" deep you can use the one to rapid down 3.9" into hole rather than feed all the way down into existing hole
obviously read the manuals on it

I believe on his Nakamura lathe G98 is IPM feed, and G99 is IPR feed.

Back