What's new
What's new

Fanuc Ladder Programming.

aj

Hot Rolled
Hi, all. I'm fairly new here, so go easy on me.

I'm looking to add a function to a Fanuc 18i dual-path controller on a Nakamura-Tome WT-150 (actually several of them). Specifically I want to check the position of the synchronous start switch and see if it's on from within the program and if it's off or on make a decision to stop or continue. The machine builder is telling me I can add G54.0 through G55.7 to the ladder and monitor any signal that's in the ladder using variables #1000 through #1015.

Are we talking about ladder editing software, or what? Changing the ladder sounds rather involved, so if that's what it's going to take I can probably do without it.

I've already thought about sharing variables between the two sides, but I do a fair amount of macro programming and that would cause more problems than it would solve.

Thoughts? Ideas? "Leave it alone, you idiot"?

I appreciate it.

If this is to check if your machine is in simultaneous mode, you don't need a ladder change. You can check the status of the switch with a # variable, usually a 1000 series variable. I just don't know which one on your machine.

But, there is an easier solution. I solved this problem with the following 2 sub-programs, each one running from either head 1 or head 2. Each head writes a variable and is checked by the other. Look at the following two subs, they should be self explanatory.

Run this one from head 1.
%
O9101( RUNNIG IN SIMULTANIOUS CHECK)
M400
( NOTEO EXTRA EOB'S FOR BUFFER)
#100=1.
G4P250
M401
M402
M403
G4P250
IF[#100NE2.]GOTO400
M404
M99
N400
#3000=1( NOT IN SIMULTANEOUS MODE)
M30
%

Run this one from head 2
%
O9102( RUNNIG IN SIMULTANIOUS CHECK)
M400
M401
G4P250
IF[#100NE1.]GOTO400
M402
#100=2.
G4P250
M403
M404
M99
N400
#3000=1( NOT IN SIMULTANEOUS MODE)
M30
%

I hope this is what you are trying to do
Paul

Even tho it is dual path there is only one #100 in the control?

This is just part of every programs header then?

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox, I don't know how it is in a Fanuc 18i. On a 31i the control shares the 100 series variables. All I know is that this worked. These two programs are subs that were run from the beginning of each main program. O9001 on head #1 and O9002 on head #2. Each sub checked for a response from the other sub.

Paul

The 18i can be changed by parameter to have separate or shared variables between both paths. LockNut's example will work if the parameter is set for sharing variables.

Parameter 6036 sets the number of #100 variables that are shared between paths. Parameter 6037 sets the number of #500 variables that are shared between paths.

Personally, I think it is a good idea to check for simultaneous operation. Bad things can happen if you only have one head active when you should have both. Don't ask me how I know. The best way might be to check the physical status of the switch. The switch should change the state of a 1000 macro variable, I just don't know which one. Maybe the MTM was right. A ladder change is in order. Not a big deal except for the cost.

The two subs I posted may not be the best but are easier. These programs only do a one time check per part and the variables can be still be used for other purposes in the same program.

Paul

If your control has a ladder editor card you can sometimes do it at the machine, but I doubt many builders use a RAM stored ladder to allow that. If its a eeprom stored lader you need to get an eeprom writer after you modify the ladder using fapt ladder 3 from fanuc( may be a later version, but 10 years ago this was the newest). In other words, you need to talk to fanuc service.... the machine builder won't do it????

Hello
who could connect PC to Fanuc 18T control by Ladder 3 on PC?
abd edit the program?
Please help me
Thanks

Back