What's new
What's new

Fanuc O-M 1991 mod. - Parameter loading

ROY_WERNER

Plastic
Dear all,
Have a Enchu DTL CNC mill from 1991. The machine is almost unused (school machine).
So... after the holidays -> backup battery flat.

Need to load parameters. I found the punch tape from the factory with parameters and got myself a tape reader. So at the moment I have this tape saved as ASCII on a PC w/RS232 :)

For all 500(P-Code) - and 900-series parameters I only have a paper copy from the maker Enshu factory and need to enter manually. When parameter 905 is set accordingly to hardcopy -> Alarm 000 -> Reboot -> Alarm 911 (Parity high error). If I leave parameter 905 = 0000 0000 I can load all parameters from PC. When rebooting the machine I’m asked to run with or without PMC…. (if I set parameter 905=0000 1000 according to paper copy -> Alarm 911 again)

I’ll try again with following plan:
  1. Install new Backup battery and measure Voltage out from battery housing (Done Voltage - OK)
  2. Clear Mem
  3. Enter 900-series of parameter (with power down/up on Alarm 000)
  4. After entering parameter 901 I’m asked to press "DEL" or "CAN" to continue… I choose “DEL”
  5. Enter 500-series of P-Code variables
  6. Enter, manually, the Parameter List parameters (On my machine parameter goes to 999 then jumps to 8000 how to enter Prm between those?)
  7. Then run procedure to generate ATC-macro

Pls comment and correct me!

Thanks!

This page is what I use to remind myself how to do it when I reload parameters on a 0 control.

Fanuc 0 Memory Backup Procedure

Basically, enter 900 parameters, setup a pc to send/receive all of the rest.

Hopefully you also have a copy of the diagnostic parameters for your machine, and tool change macros, etc.

parameter 905 is for specifying what PMC type the machine has. bit 3 that you are trying to turn on is saying it is PMC model M 8000 step program. I don't know enough about how to say what PMC size you have, I assume it is a chip or board number, but either that option isn't correct in your list (you are turning on the wrong bit, or the list is wrong) or some sort of hardware is failing you.

Thanks for post dandrummerman21!

I have the Fanuc 0 Memory Backup Procedure printed out ;)

After I do a memory clean (RESET + DEL, Power On)
Then PWE = 1 I insert parameter 900 to 904 (Alarm 000 on each parameter so I power Off/On)
When entering 905 according to my hardcopy and power Off/On machine returns with alarm 911.

For the DGN parameters.... does they start av 10000 and up?

Thanks!

They should start at 10300 and up, yes

Also, in my experience, and according to the link i posted, when you get an alarm 000 after changing an option parameter, you should return to the parameters page and keep inputting the rest of them, until all 900 parameters are set.

Hi,
After entering all 900 series parameters and loaded parameters, I try to load DGN parameters. But when trying to load DGN parameters LSK (blinking lower right corner) is not turning into INPUT.
Alarm 000 and 086 so I did a power off/on. Then Alarm 911 returns.
For option parameter 905 my option data sheet tells me to enter 0000 1000
Means that PMC MODEL M 8000 STEP is set.
When scrolling my tape (backup) parameter i find that parameter 8n23=12000
So I’m wondering if I have the wrong option datasheet for my machine….(?)

Thanks!

Hi,
After entering all 900 series parameters and loaded parameters, I try to load DGN parameters. But when trying to load DGN parameters LSK (blinking lower right corner) is not turning into INPUT.
Alarm 000 and 086 so I did a power off/on. Then Alarm 911 returns.
For option parameter 905 my option data sheet tells me to enter 0000 1000
Means that PMC MODEL M 8000 STEP is set.
When scrolling my tape (backup) parameter i find that parameter 8n23=12000
So I’m wondering if I have the wrong option datasheet for my machine….(?)

Thanks!

1: PMC-M is a separate board; do you have that? A16B-1211-0900 or -901
2: You can try turning on any of the other pmc bits of param 905 (only 0-5) one at a time to see if there is a difference.

Hi, Yes board is A16B-1211-0901.
I'll continue to try different setting om 905.
Can I change only prm 905 with power Off/On to verify that?

I have seen the persistent parity alarm when one tries to set a 900 series parameter configuring a memory size greater than the memory installed.

OK- So that would be related to prm 906 bit 3 and bit 4?
My option prm sheet says prm 906 = 0011 0001 (ADDITIONAL OFFSET MEMORY 99)

Hi VTM, what sort of Tool changer do you have? I have a rotary unit - my number of tools are 10

Same tool changer I'm sure.

KIMG0502.jpg

KIMG0501.jpg

It has the board >> A16B-1211-0945/05A, But that Is the I/O board. There is a place to plug in the PMC card. But the board is not In this machine.

@13engines....

Please edit your post to remove the explicit definition of the option parameters. Share those by PM if needed. Personally, I'm walking on thin ice with my post just above yours and may pull it.

This is a clip from one of the sticky's for this forum...

"No option codes will allowed to be posted publicly... I don't need the forum owner getting calls from machine makers complaining."

Back