What's new
What's new

FANUC O-M CONTROL MEMORY

RUBEN LANDEROS

Plastic
Once again I would like to thank everyone who helped me out with my previous topic and here is another one.

My O-M control has very limited space for programs. At times if the program is too long I have to machine parts with multiple programs. Is there any parameters involved in expading the memory??

Be sure to back everything (para, diag, programs ect.) up before you change that parameter!! If the machine doesn't have that amount of memory installed, it will go stupid on you. You'll have to blast the memory clear and reload everything if that happpens. So back everything up.

I tried changing the parameter and it tells me if it changes the parameter It will clear files 001 through 015. I do not know if these files are for other operations of the machine. I did not want to take any chances and left the parameter as it was. What are files 001 - 015 ????

Did you back up everything? Because I smell death. I have yet to see a mill have more memory that wasn't turned on already. That alarm is normal for what you are doing. I have a feeling that your buttons are going to start acting strange on your control. How much memory do you have already?

I HAVE NOT CHANGED ANYTHING ON IT YET, I STILL ONLY HAVE 40M. I DO NOT REMEMBER HOW TO BACK UP THE PARAMETERS AND DIAGNOSTICS, THAT IS WHY I HAVE NOT CHANGED IT.

Ruben

Do you have DNC set up & running to this machine? Out putting Parameters is easy, and good practice. Assuming you are all ready date talking with the machine. Just be in Edit mode. Parameter Key, so that your on the parameter page, and hit Start.

You should see the blinking cursor or LSK flashing. Save or open that in a plain text editor like Note or Word Pad. Then visually compare them to what you have in the control.

Be very, very careful that you have them all. Particularly the 900 group ones.

If you haven’t got DNC. Cadam has a free trial version that’s good for this. Its easier if you set your DNC up first, cause its much easier to re-load them, if you have them on file.

Like wise you can spit out all your programs. Edit Mode, Program Key, Start.

I’m guessing Files 001 – 015 are just programs. Unusual location if they are machine macro’s. Try searching them. Be in Edit mode, Press “O”, Curser down.. That should scroll you through all stored programs. I don’t think you can protect low program numbers like that., so you should see them.

Regards Phil.

(Adding on Edit). P.S Bro. turn the Caps lock off. Its kinda considered shouting, and can get you slapped about here.

0-15 is not in reference to programs. It has to do with machine memory and storage. The alarm is normal when telling the machine it has more memory. It is relocating memory to the new opened up area. If it doesn't exist, you'll find out quickly.

When you go to output your parameters, hold the "EOB" key while pressing the "output/start" key. This way you will get all your options output along with the rest of the parameters. Remember to go to the diagnostic page and back those up as well. You do not need to hold "EOB" for the diagnostics.

I have a funny feeling your going to be back here asking how to fix the machine. But that's all good. It's what everyone is here for. If you need any help, just ask. Hopefully it works out for you.

Oh!!! Parameter 10 bit 4! It hides and protects your 9000 series programs. Turn it off and see if you have any O9000 programs. Those are usually your macro programs. Most likely they control the toolchanger. You need to back them up if you have any. Once lost, they are a real pain to find or try to write. Remember to turn it on again, or else you may in up deleting your 9000 series programs one day on accident.

Back