What's new
What's new

Fanuc O-T 920 Watchdog Timer Alarm, Please help?

Charlesmaximus

Plastic
Hi guys, we have a 920 Watchdog Timer alarm on one of our old AL-20 Mori Seiki lathes. The alarm is displayed as soon as you power up the machine. We can't change screens and none of the buttons will do anything. I have a picture of the screen so you can see what we have. We have tried replacing the I/O board, Memory board, and have even swapped out the Servo board with another machine with no change. Kind of at a loss as to what to do from here...

fanuc o-t 920 alarm.jpg

Attachments

• Fanuc OM.jpg
    Fanuc OM.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 627
Have you tried the "memory all clear" function? That is usually the first thing to try with most any of the 900 series alarms on the 0 series controls. Corrupted memory can cause the watchdog alarm, but it can also be a hardware issue on the motherboard.

Update: I did find a description for this alarm online. 920-This is a watchdog timer alarm or a servo system alarm for axis 1-4.

This is in line with what the Mori support people told us it most likely is. They said that 85% of the time it is an Axis card issue. I have an Axis card on the way and a memory card as well. Will keep this thread updated on progress.

@Vancbiker I can't get the operator panel to respond to anything, I don't even get the traditional loading screen at power up, just goes straight to alarm display and won't show or do anything else.

Update: Found the procedure for memory clear function online, hold DELETE and RESET key during powerup. Now we are at a regular screen with typical axis alarms for parameters. Thank you Vancbiker!

Back