What's new
What's new

Fanuc Oi-TF Control, External Estop error while in Synchro mode

lvmachine

Plastic
I not so cleverly turned my machine off while having my spindles sync'd with a G496. When I turned the machine back on, I get an A00.0 External Emergency Stop error. I also have the W353 SP-Syncro. Mode not cancelled (G497) error. Unfortunately, I am unable to put anything into MDI while I have the estop error so I'm unable to cancel the syncro mode with the typical G497.
I have double checked that all estops on the machine aren't activated (main and on the chip conveyor). I've restarted the machine more than a few times. I'm unable to do anything on the machine really and have spent a few hours searching through manuals and on the internet with no success.

Machine is Nakamura AS-200LMYS
Fanuc Oi-TF Control

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
John

The A00.0 External Emergency Stop error is created from the machine builder's ladder program, not Fanuc. Would expect that somewhere in a Nakamura manual that alarm would be mentioned and steps to correct it outlined.

If you don't have the Nakamura manuals then some reading of the ladder program would lead you to the condition that is causing the alarm. From there you can almost always figure out how to reset it.

Have you resolved yet?

You said that you "restarted" the machine a few times.

Did this include cycling the power to the case - so to shut down the drives?
Typically Fanuc drives are on (not engaged) any time that there is power to the case, so you need to cycle your power there (or bussline, or...) to possibly reset?

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I did get it resolved. I meant to post here the solution if anyone ever stumbles on it. It was something to do with the ladder as Vancbiker suggested so I'm not sure if it'd help anyone.
My machine is a Nakamura-Tome AS200LMYS purchased from Method Machines in Phoenix.
I had to change Data Bit 4080 to a 1 and cycle the power. The location is:
MDI Mode
System
PMC Maintenance
Data
And search for 4080

This change causes the machine to turn on the hydraulic and other motors at start up rather than wait for additional input. This allowed me to then access MDI to do my G497 synchro cancel which removed the error.

Thanks for following up with the resolution. You are correct that this will not help folks with different machines. Folks with Nakamura machines of the same model family and control will probably find it helpful as builders often like to use the same ladder with a family of machines.

Back