What's new
What's new

Fanuc om-c screen scrambled

LLMachine90

Plastic
Hi all, first post here. I have a 1990 leblond makino fnc 60 with a fanuc omc control. I have had this machine for 5 years and have not gotten to use it yet. Back story is, I bought the machine in hopes of starting my own shop. Got it home and wired up machine fired up everything seemed good. Tore it down for a full pm, pulled way covers cleaned chips out, replaced bad oil lines ect. Tried to fire up and got no control start up. Diagnosed that to a bad power supply. Had that rebuilt. At that point the control fired up but into a not ready condition. Spent the last couple years trying to figure that out. In the mean time my backup batteries died and I lost my ladder.

Now where I am currently at. With a new fire lit under my rear end I am trying to get it running again.

I belive I found the cause of the original not ready condition, there was a tripped breaker in the box where my hydraulic pump wires in. Didn't think there would be one in there.

I went to start the machine up to start reentering the ladder parameters. When I did my screen was scrambled, will attach a picture. I initially thought my crt had gone bad so I bought an lcd plug and play screen. But the new lcd displays the exact same image that the crt did, just a lot more crisp lol. At this point I checked my connections on the cable and pulled the graphics board checked those connections and reinstalled. This did not change anything. I belive at this point my graphics board is bad but I don't want to just buy one, if it could be something else.

I've tried to be thorough in this post but may have missed some things.

Cursor on icons at top of reply box. One will say "insert image"(third from the right on my machine). Click on the icon, brings up ask box. Click on "from computer". Click on "browse". Select file on computer and save/enter it. Click on "upload file(s)".

Hi all, first post here. I have a 1990 leblond makino fnc 60 with a fanuc omc control. I have had this machine for 5 years and have not gotten to use it yet. Back story is, I bought the machine in hopes of starting my own shop. Got it home and wired up machine fired up everything seemed good. Tore it down for a full pm, pulled way covers cleaned chips out, replaced bad oil lines ect. Tried to fire up and got no control start up. Diagnosed that to a bad power supply. Had that rebuilt. At that point the control fired up but into a not ready condition. Spent the last couple years trying to figure that out. In the mean time my backup batteries died and I lost my ladder.

Now where I am currently at. With a new fire lit under my rear end I am trying to get it running again.

I belive I found the cause of the original not ready condition, there was a tripped breaker in the box where my hydraulic pump wires in. Didn't think there would be one in there.

I went to start the machine up to start reentering the ladder parameters. When I did my screen was scrambled, will attach a picture. I initially thought my crt had gone bad so I bought an lcd plug and play screen. But the new lcd displays the exact same image that the crt did, just a lot more crisp lol. At this point I checked my connections on the cable and pulled the graphics board checked those connections and reinstalled. This did not change anything. I belive at this point my graphics board is bad but I don't want to just buy one, if it could be something else.

I've tried to be thorough in this post but may have missed some things.

The ladder "should" stay regardless of battery back up. It's usually the parameters that disappear. Is there a blue book or sheets of parameters in the back cabinet? Should be.

maybe ladder is the wrong term for what i meant. i lost the parameters. i do have a paper copy of them but i cant do anything with that until i get the screen issue figured out.

I'd be looking at the rebuilt power supply. Have you measured the voltages from it?

I have not, I did not have any issues after putting the power supply in so I did not think that it would be the culprit. For a little extra clarification the screen worked fine when I last powered it down, a little over a year of sitting later I powered it up and this is what I got.

I can't figure out how to add a picture of my screen to the post
Hello LLMachine90,
As suggested by memoryman, it could be an issue with the memory board. If your control has a graphic playback feature for previewing the part program, it will have a separate graphics board. If so, this card can be by-passed and the display cable plugged into the memory card.

Post a picture of the board set up of your control here, so that others that may be following this Thread and have a similar issue can benefit.

Regards,

Bill

Back