What's new
What's new

fanuc oM dry run feedrate is too slow

Teedub

Plastic
Hello all,
1994 leadwell with Fanuc om F controller. Lost parameters a while back. Slowly getting them back in. Been running for a couple months now just need a few parameters i cant find in the books.

The dry run feedrate is extremely slow. Anyone know how to change the default feedrate faster?? Thanks in advance

jog

Hello all,
1994 leadwell with Fanuc om F controller. Lost parameters a while back. Slowly getting them back in. Been running for a couple months now just need a few parameters i cant find in the books.

The dry run feedrate is extremely slow. Anyone know how to change the default feedrate faster?? Thanks in advance
on a Fanuc 15 control Dry Run is set with jog knob. for some reason on mine if jog at 10 ipm then dry run is 100 ipm (10x ratio)
........ if jog at 5 ipm then dry run at 50 ipm

To expand on the above post, if you turn the feed override knob to 150%, our Leadwells go to 50ipm in dry run. 140% is 30ipm, 130% is 20ipm, 120% is 12ipm, and so on. Make sure you turn the knob up to go fast.

What exact machine do you have? I can probably give you a copy of one of our Leadwell parameter lists (mcv-0, mcv-760ap, mcv-760cr, mcv-1000ap, mcv-1000ar, mcv-1300, mch-400) so you can cross reference yours against it.

we have two leadwell MCV-610 CR machines. one is a 1994 and the other a 1996. on the 1996 model the dry run feedrate is 40.0 ipm with the feedrate dial set to 100%. The 1994 dry run feedrate is 5.0 ipm with dial set at 100%. Not very efficient. Im hoping its just a parameter change?

All of my machines have 5ipm at 100% dial. That is why you turn up the dial to 150%, to allow the machine to go to 50ipm.

And according to the fanuc manual, that is default feedrate for 100% on the dial. Check this image:

8ehXr7C.png

If I'm understanding the engrish right, changing the jog feedrate default will also change the dry run feedrate default (since the jog feedrate and the dry run feedrates are the same).

Did you try turning it up to 150% on the override switch? And what happens on the machine that goes 40ipm at 100% when you turn it up to 150%? Just curious

Sounds like the machine you are trying to fix has the same resulting action as mine, and I'd call mine the proper action.

Back