What's new
What's new

Fanuc OM Feed Override jumping around from high to low and in between

lowCountryCamo

Stainless
My Override knob is not infinite but has stops every 10%. While proving jobs the actual feed sometimes jumps from it's setting to programed feed, and in between. While very unnerving, it only happens sometimes. If it was a constant problem I could watch the diagnostic bits. Might the switch need cleaning or replacing? Could it be wires or IO board?

Ever seen this malfunction?

Thanks,
Steve A

Haven't seen that particular problem but that'd be the first thing I'd do, check the switch. Give it a good spray with some contact cleaner while spinning it around. While you're in there, might as well spray whatever else you can. Maybe look for some lose connectors.

We have an old Citizen that sometimes fails to engage the live tooling. There's a switch that I have to take apart and clean every couple of weeks.

I had a newer 0i-MD control where the feed-knob would do that on certain settings/bits. When using a feed which used that particular bit in the switch, one of the bits would drop out, and it would only read the other bit, making a drastically different feed. A quick smack on the side of the control would fix it - sometimes for seconds, sometimes for hours...

Pull the back panel off the control, and see if there's any loose connections on the feed-knob. If you can get to the ladder, you should be able to check and see which bit is falling out pretty easliy.

Back