What's new
What's new

fanuc om program no. change

D

Hot Rolled
Hi, as you can see i am new to here and have a real dumb question. I just aquired my first fanuc om controlled machine center.I've had nc and cnc since we hand punched tape to program them but this fanuc is so fussy. Ok the question ( don't laugh ) we've run off 3 jobs not to much problem programming but how the heck do you get back into a previous used program number.I go to edit type in o0001 hit insert? nothing works but have no problem making new program number.

thanks danny

Try using the o search option on the main program screen. In order to do this press the program button. then in your soft keys under the screen press the button that says operator, then you will see a new selection of soft key buttons. One of them will be o search, this will cycle through your programs.

Hi tunaman,
If you have other programmes.In edit
or DIR type in say O0005 ( a Programme number you have)then the programme step down arrow (which cursors through the programme)*not page arrow*.

I hope I have explained this OK.

Most Fanucs use the cursur down (arrow down) key. Just key in the letter "O", then any program number, then cursur down. If you key in just the letter "O" plus cursur down, it goes to the next program, which lets you step through all the programs in memory.

Back