What's new
What's new

fanuc ot 414 424 alarm

brs61170

Plastic
i have a 1991 hardinge conquest 42 that was hit by lightning replaced the servo amplifier and pcb on amplifier. it has a lv light on and is getting a 414 and 424 alarm was wandering if someone could point me in the right direction on what to do next. in diagnose 720 is 01000000 and 721 is 01000000

Diagnostic 720 and 721 are both indicating low voltage. Don't know what type drives you have, but in general....

Check the incoming power to the drive. Both 3 phase and control voltage.
Check for short circuit on the e-stop circuit.

Did you inspect the power supplies? My OT had two of them a small one like on a PC and the good ole black box.

Whenever I had incoming power issues during storms it seemed like the power supplies took the hits, fortunately they never took anything else with them. That was on both a Fanuc OT and 21T. Sometimes they just blew fuses.

.....not sure where to check control voltage

Again, not know what drives your machine has makes it hard to offer better advice. Assuming it might have Fanuc Alpha drives, the control voltage can be internally derived or externally supplied at the machine builders choice. There are a couple jumpers in the drive that are in place if the control voltage is internally derived and must be removed if externally sourced.

You need to spend a bit of time studying the electrical schematic to see how your machine is set up.

Back