What's new
What's new

FANUC OT-A RS-232 File Input Parameters

Rick Finsta

Stainless
I'm not sure what parameter I'm looking for, or if this can be changed, but when I input a program on my OT-A I have line numbers with macro error calls after the M30 (this is just the way I was taught to do it, if there is a better way I'm all ears). Anyways, the control automatically puts any lines after an M30 into a new program, numbered sequentially one greater than the program number I'm inputting.

So I input O0875, it creates O0875 with my code up to the M30, and then creates O0876 with the lines after the M30.

Is there a way to change this behavior so it will keep the macro error calls in the same program?

Otherwise I will change over and have them before the M30 but with GOTO logic that will skip them unless they have been called specifically by line number.

Thanks!

on 30 series B-64490EN/04
#6 NPE
With an M02, M30, or M99 block, program registration is assumed to be:
0: Completed
1: Not completed

on a series 0 model-B B-60125E/02
its 19.6
NEOP
1 completed
0 not completed

they flip flopped the on/off

Thanks for the reply, that at least gives me a starting point in the parameter manual so I don't have to page through the whole thing!

Well, I ended up going through the whole maintenance manual which has all the parameters and diagnostics bits, and can't find anything. I'm not sure it is possible on this control.

If Vancbiker or our FANUC Angel from down under have any insight I'm all ears!

Is parameter 19.6 set to 0? I don't have any documentation for an 0A series, just 0C and 0D series but many parameters are the same throughout the 0 series (not the 0i series though). If 19.6 is already 0 then I think the only solution will be to place you error messages before the M30. Just before your messages, put a GOTO1000 and then make your M30 line N1000 M30.

Yes, all the 19s are set to zero. I figured this was the case. One of those "not a big deal to do it the other way" things but wanted to make sure I understood what was going on before just admitting defeat and changing the programs as you suggest.

Thanks!

Yes, all the 19s are set to zero. I figured this was the case. One of those "not a big deal to do it the other way" things but wanted to make sure I understood what was going on before just admitting defeat and changing the programs as you suggest.

Thanks!

Hello Rick,
Only parameter bit 19.2 is specified for the FSOT-A control and only bits 0 and 1 for the FSOM-A control. Unfortunately, bit 6 is not available for your purpose.

Regards,

Bill

Back