What's new
What's new

Fanuc, Output 9000 series programs

lakey0

Aluminum
Trying to output 9000 series programs on a Fanuc Oi control.

I’m trying to figure out how to output program’s 9700, 9708, 9710. I found them in the directory but am not able to output them. I get message saying “THE WRONG DATA IS USED”. I also tried changing parameter 3202 bit 4 to 0, to enable the 9000s to be output. That did not help either, get same message. Not sure if it matters, I tried outputting to both usb drive, I/O 17 and the PCMCIA card I/O 4. Received same message anyway I did it. Tried changing the fname and pset, with and with out an O.

Anyone know what I would be doing wrong?

I can't remember what the parameter #s are... If I remember correctly you have to enable the editing of 9000 programs and also another parameter as well... I want to say there's a parameter specifically for the downloading/uploading of the 9000 series programs. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

So I output all programs. (Hit "SYSTEM" function key, right arrow until you see "ALL IO", select "PROGRAM" and "ALL PUNCH")

That gave me all programs including the 9000's. All into the 1 text file. WITH parameter 3202-4 enabled. That is good enough to get me by for what I am doing.

BUT if anyone knows how to output an individual 9000 program, I'd be interested to know.

Thanks

For individual editing and I/O of 8000 and 9000 programs - set parameter 3202 bit 4 to a "0" for 9000's, and bit 0 for 8000's. Make sure to restore these parameters back when through and BE CAREFUL as many Fanuc controls utilize 8000 and 9000 series programs for macro functions related to machine operation. You can REALLY louse up a machine by playing with the wrong one.

Back