What's new
What's new

Fanuc over limit

SIP6A

Titanium
I’m helping a customer get a Excel machining center up and running so it can be sold. I’ve over traveled on the X axis. The machine is showing a “not ready alarm” the reset key won’t clear it.
I’m at the machine now is somebody would want to give me a hand I would appreciate it.
734-807-1405
Thanks!

I’m helping a customer get a Excel machining center up and running so it can be sold. I’ve over traveled on the X axis. The machine is showing a “not ready alarm” the reset key won’t clear it.
I’m at the machine now is somebody would want to give me a hand I would appreciate it.
734-807-1405
Thanks!

Seems obvious, so forgive me if you have tried already.

But holding down the "OT Release" button while dialing off should do it. Make sure you dial off in the right direction.

Seems obvious, so forgive me if you have tried already.

But holding down the "OT Release" button while dialing off should do it. Make sure you dial off in the right direction.

For future reference, he had to hold the "Ready" button and the "Emerg Bypass" then move off of the OT switch. Hardinge mills you hold the "EM' button and "Machine ready" buttons.

Also parameter 3004.5 will ignore hard OT switches.

You are welcome Todd, glad you put your number on the post. Much easier to help that way. Daryl

For future reference, he had to hold the "Ready" button and the "Emerg Bypass" then move off of the OT switch. Hardinge mills you hold the "EM' button and "Machine ready" buttons.

Also parameter 3004.5 will ignore hard OT switches.

You are welcome Todd, glad you put your number on the post. Much easier to help that way. Daryl

Ahh. All the Fanucs I have are always just OT Release.

Thanks for the info. You know what they say? The more you know........

On my Okuma Howa machining center the instructions for jogging a stuck toolchanger arm says to press spindle stop then press cycle start to jog the arm. However I banged my head on the wall for two hours on a weekend before someone on the forum suggested I HOLD the spindle stop button while pressing cycle start to jog. That fixed it for me and I have never forgotten it.

The manufactures all seem to create slightly different ways to do the same thing and that translation from Japanese to English doesnt always come through just right.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out so quickly.

Charles

On most Okuma machines there is a switch in the electrical enclosure that you flip, labeled OT Release. On some it is a push button so it is a two person job.

What Okuma Howa machine do you have Charles? I have worked on a lot of Howas, very good iron, but not a lot of documentation.

Daryl

2000 Okuma Howa 415, small machine very simple and accurate but low power. Fanuc 21i control but not many options. Frankly the control is a bit of disappointment but it has worked for me for a long time.

I have had no issue with overtravel, but did loose the battery for the encoders once. That was an easy fix thought.

Charles

734-807-1405
Thanks!

Another option that generally werks in this case is [with power down] you can likely push the table by hand towards the middle of the travel.
Might need a 2by to help, but once you git it rolling it moves easy after that.

This werks on newer machines with fast rapids.
Don't expect it to werk [as well] on your 1985 400"/minute rapid machine tho.

On the fanuc, you will likely want to boot up with P/CAN held down too.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Another option that generally works in this case is [with power down] you can likely push the table by hand towards the middle of the travel.
Might need a 2 people to help, but once you get it rolling it moves easy after that.

This works on newer machines with fast rapids.
Don't expect it to work [as well] on your 1985 400"/minute rapid machine tho.

On the fanuc, you will likely want to boot up with P/CAN held down too.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Two people could get the ball-screw to turn and move the table? this is a good size machine with a 20 x 40" table.

I can usually push my 1000 machines alone.
(not always intentional)

With a 2by - I can push the Z on my 630 HMC.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back