What's new
What's new

Fanuc overtravel

Nickpatel

Plastic
Hello everyone

We have hmc with fanuc 31i controller

Is there anyway like Siemens controller such that controll will gave limit switch overtravel alaram in advance ?

Software overtravel limits can be specified through parameters.
The feed will just stop without entering the alarm state.

Check Parameter #1302 bit 0, should be 1. Also, #1301 bit 7, should be 1.

Paul

Do you know which parameter to change on an Oi-MC? (unless I'm looking incorrectly) I don't see parameter #1302. I see #1300, #1301, #1310

Thanks

Hello Paul

Parameter #1301 bit 7 is already set to 1 by mtb
And I set #1302 bit 0 to 1 this morning but it is not working

Nick

Copied from a Fanuc Manual ...

- Stored stroke check 1
Parameters (Nos. 1320, 1321 or Nos. 1326, 1327) set boundary. Outside the area of the set limits is a
forbidden area. The machine tool builder usually sets this area as the maximum stroke.
When the tool enters a forbidden area and an alarm is generated, the tool can be moved in the reverse
direction from which the tool came.
At this time, a signal (overtravel alarm signal) can be output to the PMC if bit 6 (OTS) of parameter No.
1301 is set to 1. In addition, when the tool enters the forbidden area during manual operation, the signal
(overtravel alarm signal) can be output to the PMC without generating the alarm by setting bit 1 (NAL) of
parameter No. 1300 to 1. With this parameter setting, the alarm is generated when the tool enters the
forbidden area during automatic operation.

- Stored stroke check 1
Parameters (Nos. 1320, 1321 or Nos. 1326, 1327) set boundary. Outside the area of the set limits is a
forbidden area. The machine tool builder usually sets this area as the maximum stroke.
When the tool enters a forbidden area and an alarm is generated, the tool can be moved in the reverse
At this time, a signal (overtravel alarm signal) can be output to the PMC if bit 6 (OTS) of parameter No.
1301 is set to 1. In addition, when the tool enters the forbidden area during manual operation, the signal
(overtravel alarm signal) can be output to the PMC without generating the alarm by setting bit 1 (NAL) of
parameter No. 1300 to 1. With this parameter setting, the alarm is generated when the tool enters the

Dear sinha

What i am trying to say is

Siemens controller will give alaram in advance for limit switch violation if tool length is short and machine can not reach at programme point like on boring mill in long boring operation

In fanuc controller it will not give alaram in advance and machine can move and it will stop at mid operation when machine reaches limit switch.

So is there any parameter in fanuc that can enable this function?

Nick

- Stored stroke check 1

Sinha,
He doesn't want it to enter the forbidden area. Newer Fanuc controls have a setting. It reads the next line of code and says no, wait a minute, I can't got there. I will overtravel. Machine stops and issues an alarm.

Siemens and Okuma can both "pre-check" if a movement will enter a forbidden zone and warn BEFORE the machine actually enters the zone.
As for Fanuc, even on the higher series, I'm not so sure that such a "pre-check" could be done, short of writing a Macro command to look for it.

Siemens and Okuma can both "pre-check" if a movement will enter a forbidden zone and warn BEFORE the machine actually enters the zone.
As for Fanuc, even on the higher series, I'm not so sure that such a "pre-check" could be done, short of writing a Macro command to look for it.

Yes I also think that this function is not available in fanuc

The question is how useful this feature is. It will not tell you in the beginning of the program that the tool will enter a forbidden zone (I think so. I am not aware). If it halts the program just one block earlier, how does it help? One has to abort the program, and modify it.

The question is how useful this feature is. It will not tell you in the beginning of the program that the tool will enter a forbidden zone (I think so. I am not aware). If it halts the program just one block earlier, how does it help? One has to abort the program, and modify it.

I do not know for a long 3d program but on our boring mill with Siemens 828D on which programme length is not much more because majority of operation are boring it will give alaram in start of the program if limit switch violation will occur
Then we simply extended w axis in program and go....

Back