What's new
What's new

Fanuc PMC download data format?

Jim Wilson

Aluminum
I can download the PMC data (ladder, params, etc) from my control into any of several file formats: Handy, MCARD ("memory card format"), ROM, etc.

However, I have no information about the structure of any of these files. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? In particular, I would like to know where the "PMC Type" information is stored and how it is encoded.

My goal is to get the ladder (and symbols, etc.) into a form that can be viewed on a PC, instead of having to read it at the machine.

Cheers!

Jim

I haven't viewed the format of a ladder output, only the parameters. The ladder can be represented by text (AND, OR, NOT, etc., as well as specific addresses), so if that's how the ladder is output, it would be readable, but not as easy as when it is graphical. Fanuc sells the manuals on the various ladders. But, there are many models, so you have to take care to get the proper one.

The params come out in a hexadecimal string. I don't know if they are in the same order as the soft-keys (timer, counter, keep relay...) because I didn't care, so didn't analyze further. But, I would think, if it's worth putting the time into it, you could note patterns in the data and determine how they correspond to the various params. I would expect there are certain "markers" encoded into the data string that define the beginning, or range, of each type of param.

Back