What's new
What's new

FANUC Robodrill A-D21L IA5 tool life programming

PhilS182

Plastic
Hi everyone, I’m very new to FANUC programming so am asking for advice on creating a program. The issue is that the controller which is a FANUC 31i model B5 has a tool life menu located in the offset menu. When a tool has reached is life cycle set point eg. 6000, recently operators on night shift have been adding tool life on by reducing the current tool life to say 5500 from 6000 instead of changing the drill, allowing the machine to run for 500 more cycles which has been causing damage to our products as worn tools are allowed to continue.
I would like to create a program that once the set tool life has been reached the machine will not run until a new tool has been inserted. I’m not sure how to go about implementing this as there is a clear softkey button on the controller within the tool life menu which will reset a tool count to 0 which I’m afraid might trick the machine into thinking a new tool has been inserted. The only thing that I can think of that would show a new tool has been put in the machine is that the tool offset has been changed since when placing a new tool in the machine there is always a slight variance (microns) in the Z offset. Maybe a program that recognises when the offset is changed only then will it allow the machine to run? Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks.

i agree with teach me please
maybe WARNING- DAY OFF NO PAY- WEEK OFF NO PAY -- DONE
Once the operator/ set up guys figure out what you did they would by figure out how to pass it and you would be in the same boat

Back