What's new
What's new

Fanuc Series 18-t Help!!!!!

RaistlinFIWES

Plastic
Hello, i run a Femco with a Fanuc series 18-t controller. the mother board went bad in it last year and we got a new board for it.... but everything was switched to metric, i managed to switch everything to standerd but the machine. If someone could help me i would appreciate it!! Thx

So i have tv Check, 1 punch code 1, and input unit 1, Input unit is the only one that has mm - inch. and its set to inch. but it's still showing mm...

If you are trying to say that the position display for machine position is showing mm values despite the input unit being set to inch, then you need to change parameter parameter 3401 bit 0 to 1.

ok in 3401 it has GCS 0, GSB 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, FDC 0, and DPI 0. Would i change them all to 1? sorry have only been doing CNC Programming for 3 years now.

GCS 0, GSB 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, FDC 0, and DPI 0 is not Parameter 3401
System {hard key} Param {soft key} page down to 3401
there should be combination of 8 ones or zeros
Bit 0 is the one on the right.
You will need to turn on PWE
The yellow Fanuc manuals will give an step by step instruction, if anybody around has more experience let them show you how.

If only i could... anyone who would know how to is gone from the shop, were a small shop. but im looking at para 3401 and GCS 0, GSB 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, FDC 0, and DPI 0 is what it shows. and i looked through are manuals but have not been able to find it.

THANKS!!! It worked, i have been looking through threads for weeks now. i really appreciate it. thank u so much!!!!

Back