What's new
What's new

Fanuc Servo motor damage

Corn

Aluminum
Hi,

Today happened small accident and robodrill Y axis servo motor got hit when moving things. That red plastic part cracked. I believe it's the encoder part. Anyone ever opened these that is there any vital parts right behind the plastic? Motor is still working properly and I can't hear any strange noises when operating it. Should I open that red part and try to push the bent plastic back and glue it? Or should I just use some caulking externally to seal it from the elements? Motor model 05, part number: A06B-0313-B075
servomotor.jpg

Thank you in advance

Unless what ever hit it penetrated in a fair bit you'll be fine. Easy to take off and repair the cap. If the motor is exposed to coolant you'll want the repair to be water tight.

Thanks. Disconnecting the encoder cable will it cause any ill effect, eg. lose position, or errors? As if I have understood correctly absolute encoder batteries are keeping the track of position even when power is off.

The battery power is supplied through the encoder cable. If you disconnect the cable you will lose position and have a couple alarms to resolve when you next power up.

Back