Fanuc spindle fan motor replacement
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fanuc spindle fan motor replacement

The tiny little motor that spins the fan on the top of the spindle is making a terrible awful annoying scratch-your-nails-on-the-chalkboard like a dying squirrel sound when I start her up. It obviously needs replaced. Spindle is a 8000 RPM Cat40 and the fan number is A90L-0001-0514/R. Don't know the motor number since nothing is writen on it anywhere. Surprisingly heavy little bugger of a motor though.

Anyone have any tips on replacing just the motor without paying an arm and a leg? The fan itself is fine.

Figured I can't be the first machine owner that's had this little fan motor go out on them so am hoping there might be an aftermarket supplier out there that I can't find (that isn't from China on Ebay).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

FWIW - At least for the fans on the amps is concerned, Fanuc is as cheap of a source for them as anywhere.

Don't know that I have ever replaced the fan on the actual motors on a Fanuc yet?
    Yes on Siemens - several times over ...

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fan on my robodrill spindle really annoyed me with its high pitched noise. I removed it and disconnected the fan behind the spindle also. Ran a flexi tube to the top from a old air con drum fan.

Much much quieter and also more air flow!

Post Thanks / Like

Spindle fans are a pain in the ass. I have replaced two with fans found on fleabay.. On another, I mounted a computer case fan on top of the red cap.