Ox

Diamond
18i

Been battling this for a bit here...

It wants to come and go.

I swapped amps.
I swapped encoder reader heads.
I wiggled the cables.

Is there anywhere else to look other than ordering a new cable in?

I have searched the web, but there seem to only be a handfull of threads anywhere about this, and none of them had any resolution at all.
Most any that I found had maybe 1 or 2 replies and that was it.

It can run fine for a few hours or more, and then battle you for a few more, and then take off and run again...

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Possible Resolution

I took the cover off the motor connection hickey this morning and found another plug connector.

So, the chord that plugs onto the reader head is only about 8" long or whatnot, and then it plugs into an extension chord that takes it to the amp.

I cycled that plug a few times and farred up the machine. Let's see if that changes anything?
It hadn't worked at speed at all since I exchanged reader heads, but it had been shut clear down since Saturday.
It had seemed to have worked fine at first when fired up in the past, and this time it took off as well.

Is it working b/c I cycled the plug or b/c it's been shut down for a bit?

Been running for close to 8 hours now, and that's prolly 2wiced as long as it's ran with throwing the V-sig alarm in a while now, so - for now - I'm guessing that it is good to go now.

I really wanted to make sure to finish this thread as I hadn't found any others that had any results in them.

If anything changes anytime soon - I'll mention it.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back