What's new
What's new

Father's Old Machine Shop

clancjma

Plastic
We have recently had to dismantle my 80 year old father's engraving, machine, and tool and die shop. Unfortunately we had to scrap a lot of stuff because of time. However, we salvaged some stuff and are selling it. Much of the stuff is only valuable to people in the business. So I am trying to find the right market. We currently have a 1924 Adolph Muehlmatt Drill Press and a Hot foil stamping machine. We have a lot of american collets that go to machines and spindles we took out of the machines before we sold them. We tons of things that belong to machines that we do not know what they are, but are probably pretty valuable to those who know what they are. We live in Lancaster, PA. Please message me if are interested in knowing more about what we have.

Wrong section, unless your father had computerized machines. At least take some pictures and put them in the machinery for sale section down toward the bottom of the page. Also do note metal working machinery has no collectors value, unfortunately, it's value is tied to it's use working metal.

We currently have a 1924 Adolph Muehlmatt Drill Press

That one is general-purpose, not overly specialized as a small "sensitive" drill press. It became the "Hamilton". We had a whole row of them in the old hearing-aid factory.

You can find those traded - Hamilton name more common - and get some idea of current value.

Competition includes P&W Sigourney and Electro-Mechano.

Back