What's new
What's new

Feeler FTC-10 Fanuc 0-T Lost Parameters

Raymgriff

Plastic
Hi Everyone,

I goofed something fierce and lost all of the parameters for our machine... I've sent e-mails to Feeler in Taiwan, to Fanuc, to the previous machine owners and to the original machine importer/distributor with hopes that someone may have a backup. I figured I would take a shot in the dark here as well and see if anyone might have a backup of the machine parameters available, or at the very least, parameters to a similar machine from Feeler from the same era.

The machine was made in 1997 and has a Fanuc 0-T controller. I'd imagine that the parameters between a lot of the other Feeler machines of this era are similar enough to use a a jump off point out of desperation anyways.

If anyone has a similar machine that would be willing to go through the process of backing up the parameters I would be extremely grateful.

Either way, just a shot in the dark. I'm pretty desperate at the moment so I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Thanks a lot,

Ray

Ray

Have you heard back from anyone?
Check the back cabinets of the machine. Many builders (I used to work for one) will put a booklet of the machine parameters back there. Might be worth a look.

Ray

Have you heard back from anyone?
Check the back cabinets of the machine. Many builders (I used to work for one) will put a booklet of the machine parameters back there. Might be worth a look.

Still nothing back yet. It happened Friday afternoon so it's unlikely I'll hear back from anyone until sometime Monday. I've checked for a booklet but didn't have any luck. The machine didn't come with any documentation or schematics but I've reached out to the people that might have it anyways. Just have to keep my fingers crossed I guess.

If nothing comes from the sources I've reached out to, I'm worried it's going to turn into a case where I upload the default Fanuc lathe parameters and have to work through things one parameter at a time.

So I've successfully acquired the parameter files from Feeler. Big shout out to Legere Industrial for their help, as well as Feeler who still has record of these parameters even though its been 23 years.

I'll be posting the files on github in the event that anyone ever needs these files in the future. I'll post a link here once I've had success with everything.

Cheers,

Ray

So I've successfully acquired the parameter files from Feeler. Big shout out to Legere Industrial for their help, as well as Feeler who still has record of these parameters even though its been 23 years.

I'll be posting the files on github in the event that anyone ever needs these files in the future. I'll post a link here once I've had success with everything.

Cheers,

Ray

Hello Ray,
How do you intend to reinstate the parameters; by hand, or download via a link with a computer, or have you already installed them?

If via download, you have to either establish communication with the external device by setting the respective parameters by hand, then you will be able to download the parameters to the control, or alternatively, you get a one shot chance to download the parameters after Reset and Delete are pressed and held when the control is turned on. At this time the Fanuc default RS232 protocol of 2 Stop Bits and 4800 baud rate is set and therefore, by setting your external device comms software to the same settings will allow you to download parameters to the control.

You also have to either hand load the Option Parameters (900 onward), or press the EOB button when downloading the parameters to the control. When entering the Option Parameters by hand, when you enter a value in 900, alarm "000" will be displayed. Ignore this and return to the parameter page. When you enter a value in 901, a message will appear asking if you want to delete the memory area; press DELETE at this prompt and carry on inputting the parameters.

Regards,

Bill

Cheers,

Ray

Glad to hear! Make SEVERAL copies and store them in different places.

So we've got the parameters in, backlash compensation accounted for, readout works and we can jog and zero the machine as well as verify the readout on a test piece with measurement tools. The file transfer is working and were able to load programs. Something strange is going on when we try to run a program however, and I'm thinking a parameter might be out of place somewhere.

When trying to run a program, we aren't getting any movement when we call up a G00 or G01. There's no movement that takes place, but also no error code popping up. The millwright mentioned the possibility of a timer or something to that effect? From what I've read there may be a feed hold command that is stuck? I need to dig more but I figured I'd update here and maybe get the opportunity to tap into someone with a little more experience on the matter. I've reached out to the a few sources as well, including 2 companies with connections to the machine toolbuilder, so fingers are crossed.

Anyone ever come across something like this? Could it be there's some ladder logic that's been effected? Is it just a parameter? Something totally unrelated that I'm not noticing? In any case I feel like were getting close. The fact that the axes are moving and the readout is good is reassuring. Just need to work out some kinks now.

*Edit: Everything seems to be good now. Turned to be just a way lube issue where it was putting on a feed hold but not triggering an error code. Got her making chips and shes holding tolerance real nice. Just gotta verify all the canned cycles now but otherwise seems to be in operable condition.

Ray

Last edited:

Back