What's new
What's new

Feeler U600 five axis mill - Anybody used one? Reviews?

Gmerchant3

Plastic
Our local Feeler sales rep is pushing the new U-600 ( U600 )4+1 positioning five axis mill, and at the price they're asking I'm intrigued.
I can't find any information / reviews online about this machine, and am hoping someone who has used one can share their experience.
I don't typically buy Taiwanese; most of my machines are Japanese / Korean.
The $69,500.00 price tag is both alluring and scary.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!

Our local Feeler sales rep is pushing the new U-600 ( U600 )4+1 positioning five axis mill, and at the price they're asking I'm intrigued.
I can't find any information / reviews online about this machine, and am hoping someone who has used one can share their experience.
I don't typically buy Taiwanese; most of my machines are Japanese / Korean.
The $69,500.00 price tag is both alluring and scary.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!

That can't possibly right ? Not even second hand ????

$169,500 maybe ??? not $69,500 ?

The Methods* branded precision universal is like $260K to $300K

MB 650U - Methods Machine Tools

It's not made by Feeler but by different quality Taiwanese builder ~Litz

___________________________________________________________________________________

* No affiliation.

Don't know anything about it, but right now I think Haas has the cheapest "real" (ok peanut gallery! :D) 5 ax machine, and it has some questionable 'stats' as far as positioning nad repeatability. An un-optioned UMC500 is roughly double that price (120k)... can't imagine what 70k gets you in a 5axis :crazy:

I've never heard of Feeler machines, have they been around a while? Maybe popular across the pond?
$70k seems very entry level for a 5ax.

In the EMO video, the salesman throws out a price of 160k euros.

Either 69,500 is a mistake, or there is something seriously wrong!

In the EMO video, the salesman throws out a price of 160k euros.

Either 69,500 is a mistake, or there is something seriously wrong!

Yup, has to be a typo.

Methods used to handle Feeler but that relationship has changed more recently.

Sales "peeps" at Methods seem somewhat saddened by that but Methods own branded lines (out from Taiwan) don't look too bad at all.

I haven't had the chance to play with the Feeler 4+1 stuff but if it's anything like their regular 3X it should be one tough little guy. I put four VMP-32's on the floor at Star Rapid for training and the fkrs are just beast. The ones I put in have been Bashed, Banged, Crunched and just had the absolute shit ran out of them and in 6 years not one has ever had a service call. They are not fast by any means, but accuracy's are spot on, and the spindle? Built like a tank. And 40 grand for a new 30 inch machine is not bad.

I decided one day to stack a vacuum pallet on top of a sub table with a Kurt 3600 on top and do some heavy roughing with a 60MM face mill 10mm deep just to see how it would hold up and aside from when the cutter went in for a full slot it didn't hardly ring at all. here's a short vid of it. Keep in mind I said they were training machines and was programmed by an 18 year old Chinese girl fresh out of college so nothing special about the tool paths.

YouTube

It is not a typo . We have 3 Feeler U600 machines that we are selling for Methods, some still in the original crate and are quoting them at $69,500.

machinery-management dot com - Stock#-5708

It is not a typo . We have 3 Feeler U600 machines that we are selling for Methods, some still in the original crate and are quoting them at $69,500.

machinery-management dot com - Stock#-5708

What is the normal list price for that given my Methods sales person (Our territory) says that Methods doesn't sell Feeler anymore.

So these are orphaned machines ? They had on hand and need to shift ?

In this case who supports the machines + install

TIA.

OK Machinery manangement .com … So you guys handle a lot of Repos etc. "Bank Owned" equipment ~ Good to know.

CNC Machining Centers: FEELER U-600; 2017; 5 Axis Vertical Machining Center

Methods was the dealer for Feeler up until a couple years ago, now they are brought in my CNC Systems. They have a dealer network set up.
We were hired to represent these machines on the used market, they are left over from Methods inventory.

In Metro Detroit the Feeler line is being sold by a company called "Pinnacle Machine" out of Sterling Heights.

Back