What's new
What's new

Feeler VMP1300

IeliteENGINEER

Cast Iron
Hi All

I have a feeler vmp 1300 cnc that we just got in.

The machine came with the coupling for TSC on the top of the spindle, I need advice on which pump and filter system we could connect to it?

The machine also only came with an electrical manual would anyone have a list of M codes for Feeler?

The machine is in good shape with only a few hours on it.
IMG_20210308_110153 (5).jpg
Thanks Paul

I had 2 of the 1300's and absolutely great machines. I'll have to dig around for the code list but the best I remember is they are all pretty much industry standard codes.

As for the TSC, just because the union is there doesn't mean the option is on it. It's a bit. more complicated than firing off a separate pump with an M code. Fist the spindle has to come to a dead stop before the ceramic disks inside the Deublin coupling come together. The coolant fires off and lubes the disk as they come together. If this doesn't happen you will lose the union in seconds. Then when you cut the coolant to the union it must be stopped and a purge to get the residual out of the spindle. So basically the option would contain the latter to make all this happen in sync thus not to kill a $1,200 union. Look and see if you have a purge solenoid and plumbing just behind the spindle housing.

Fist the spindle has to come to a dead stop before the ceramic disks inside the Deublin coupling come together. The coolant fires off and lubes the disk as they come together. If this doesn't happen you will lose the union in seconds.

This is probably not the case tbh. There was a thread on here a good while ago about this and the consensus was that most machines/rotary unions don't care. Certainly none of mine do. All my posts turn the TSC on with the spindle running and I have never lost a union (well, apart from one or two that died of natural causes).

I had 2 of the 1300's and absolutely great machines. I'll have to dig around for the code list but the best I remember is they are all pretty much industry standard codes.

As for the TSC, just because the union is there doesn't mean the option is on it. It's a bit. more complicated than firing off a separate pump with an M code. Fist the spindle has to come to a dead stop before the ceramic disks inside the Deublin coupling come together. The coolant fires off and lubes the disk as they come together. If this doesn't happen you will lose the union in seconds. Then when you cut the coolant to the union it must be stopped and a purge to get the residual out of the spindle. So basically the option would contain the latter to make all this happen in sync thus not to kill a $1,200 union. Look and see if you have a purge solenoid and plumbing just behind the spindle housing.

If you have a list of m codes that would be great. I will check with our engineer to see if the union works that way.

Back