What's new
What's new

File Transferring between computer and Fanuc 20F

jaykohens

Plastic
This issue has had me scratching my head for two years now :angry: , hoping to finally solve it.

I have a Victor mill with a Fanuc 20F control, and I can't seem to get programs sent from our computer to the machine.

Using a CNC Specialties cable, and have troubleshot with them, but even they're stumped.

Most of what I have read online says that the Fanuc 20F is similar to a 0M, but the issue I've run into is that our 20F doesn't have any of the parameters listed on this guide Machinery RS232 communications settings for CNC controls including fanuc and mitsubishi to edit beyond 002 and the TVON/ISO/etc... I've also heard it's similar to the 15/18/21 but much in the same way, it doesn't have the 101/102/103 parameters needed.

We've gotten the machine to "see" the computer and vice versa, through some stroke of luck, but whenever we go to punch a program out, or send a program from the computer, we are hit with either error 85 or error 86.

Pretty much at a loss here, if there's other info that is needed etc please let me know and I am glad to provide it!

This issue has had me scratching my head for two years now :angry: , hoping to finally solve it.

I have a Victor mill with a Fanuc 20F control, and I can't seem to get programs sent from our computer to the machine.

Using a CNC Specialties cable, and have troubleshot with them, but even they're stumped.

Most of what I have read online says that the Fanuc 20F is similar to a 0M, but the issue I've run into is that our 20F doesn't have any of the parameters listed on this guide Machinery RS232 communications settings for CNC controls including fanuc and mitsubishi to edit beyond 002 and the TVON/ISO/etc... I've also heard it's similar to the 15/18/21 but much in the same way, it doesn't have the 101/102/103 parameters needed.

We've gotten the machine to "see" the computer and vice versa, through some stroke of luck, but whenever we go to punch a program out, or send a program from the computer, we are hit with either error 85 or error 86.

Pretty much at a loss here, if there's other info that is needed etc please let me know and I am glad to provide it!

Hello jaykohens,
Parameters are similar to FS18 and FS21; not FS15.

P/S 85 error is normally caused by a mismatch between the RS232 protocol settings of the Control and the External Device.

P/S 86 error is caused by the I/O unit power supply is off, cable is not connected, cable configuration is incorrect, or a P.C.B. is defective. With regards to the cable configuration, make sure that pins 6, 8 and 20 of the DB25 Male connector at the machine end of the cable are all bridged together. Check between pins 20 and Protective Ground, or Signal Ground (pin 7) of the DB25 Female connector of the Control, that there is a Voltage above 5VDC (normally around 13VDC)

Regards,

Bill

Bill will definitely help you get going with this problem, but I have to ask, because I have pdf copies of the 20-FA parameter manual. Do you have the (paper) manuals for your control?

If not, I could send them to you. I have the parameter and operator's manual

Bill will definitely help you get going with this problem, but I have to ask, because I have pdf copies of the 20-FA parameter manual. Do you have the (paper) manuals for your control?

If not, I could send them to you. I have the parameter and operator's manual
I am working on the same machine. Was wondering if I could get a copy?

I have two questions on my Victor 1654 DCM Fanuc 20-F control. I keep getting a 414 error on the Z-Axis. When I try to run a program I get a 224 error. Reference return. How do I do that? I run two Fanuc wire edms and a Omniturn Gt75. This just isn't working the same.
Thanks.

Back