What's new
What's new

What serrated jaws do you use?

PegroProX440

Hot Rolled
I just oopsed and went a little too deep with my cutter and took out part of my serrated jaws. I am looking for replacements that fit a standard Kurt 6 inch vise. The ones I have do not have any sort of label on them so I cant find an exact replacement.

What I liked about the current jaws is that they sit low to the vise. Most of what I see online have the jaws considerably higher than the vise, which leads me to believe there will be deflection under heavy load.

The material I hold in them is everything from aluminum to Incnel, so they must be tough enough to grip and bite into nickel alloy.

I know I should just make them myself and heat treat them but I would prefer a set off the shelf.
Thank you for your help!!

I just oopsed and went a little too deep with my cutter and took out part of my serrated jaws. I am looking for replacements that fit a standard Kurt 6 inch vise. The ones I have do not have any sort of label on them so I cant find an exact replacement.

What I liked about the current jaws is that they sit low to the vise. Most of what I see online have the jaws considerably higher than the vise, which leads me to believe there will be deflection under heavy load.

The material I hold in them is everything from aluminum to Incnel, so they must be tough enough to grip and bite into nickel alloy.

I know I should just make them myself and heat treat them but I would prefer a set off the shelf.
Thank you for your help!!

I use the Anderson Manufacturing Serra Jaws. They are a bolt in strip into a jaw. He sells the combo or the strips solo if you want to make jaws. They work really well and I have no complaints.

Back