What's new
What's new

Fixed pulley conversion bridgeport boss5

Wildeyedsboy

Plastic
I have a boss 5 that has all new electronics along with a VFD to convert the single phase to 3 phase. The max speed I can get is about 700 RPM at the spindle. If I adjust the variable speed control the speed does not change and yes I am doing it while it is running. I tore apart the pulleys and replaced a couple bearings that were starting to feel rough. It appears that the pulleys are not moving properly. I have searched and searched for a manual for the machine with no luck. Find alot on a standard series I. Regardless I decided to just use the VFD to control the speed and convert to fixed pulleys. Now I am running into an issue of not finding a pulley to fit the motor shaft. I found a post that said 1 25 in way to big measured with my caliper and it was right around 1.18 so got a 1 3/16 hub it was to large also. Went to 1.125 which is next size down and now to small. Also running into key way on everything is way to small. What or where have others gotten to resolve getting the right size.

Back