fixing the draw bar on a bridgeport torque cut
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default fixing the draw bar on a bridgeport torque cut

I think the drawbar has become weak on my bp torque cut. I got an error message about it. It feels wimpy when I put the tools in manually it used to really grab them now its kinda soft. is this a major repair or something I can fix

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a stack of Belleville washers that tension the drawbar. They could be broken. There is a large pneumatic cylinder that releases the drawbar on top. It has a bolt on the bottom that is adjusted for clearance while the spindle is turning. If it backs out, it will cause your exact problem. If you end up replacing it, make sure you drill a hole in it to match the old one. The air blast during tool changes flows through it. Iirc, its an m12x1.75 50mm long. I had this happen on our vmc1000. The setup is the same on our torq cut. If that's the case, clean or replace the tool change solenoid. Ours just had some build up in it that was causing the spring not to be able to seat it. If it leaks, the bolt I referred to earlier rubs the top of the spindle which will cause it to come loose.