What's new
What's new

Flush Slitting Saws and Holders

Hey guys,
We are in process of making a new series of holders and slitting saws for flush slitting. Feedback on Instagram has been very strong and just want to get some feedback and application needs from you guys. In the picture is a BT30 holder with a FS.375 connection. .375 arbor with 4 screws and the saw is 1.5 Inches in diameter. We will be making several connection sizes for smaller and larger diameter saws. Multiple gage lengths and tapers Including CAT40. Once we have some holders com back from heat treating and we grind a few we will be making some test cuts and videos. Hopefully this proves to be a better and cheaper alternative to what is available now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.26.03 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.26.03 AM.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 378
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.25.47 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.25.47 AM.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 395
Sign me up for a CAT 40 holder as soon as you have them. Would be cool to sell an 1" OD extension (maybe 6") that plugs into a holder as well.

My uses include cutting off one and done parts, making relief cuts, etc. Just ordinary slitting saw stuff.

Saw specs I'd be after:
- Carbide
- 1/4" thru 1/32" thicknesses
- 3" to 1" diameter

Toolholder specs:
- CAT 40
- 1.5"-6" gauge length (would be cool to offer a long reach with a 1" saw OD)

Hey guys,
We are in process of making a new series of holders and slitting saws for flush slitting. Feedback on Instagram has been very strong and just want to get some feedback and application needs from you guys. In the picture is a BT30 holder with a FS.375 connection. .375 arbor with 4 screws and the saw is 1.5 Inches in diameter. We will be making several connection sizes for smaller and larger diameter saws. Multiple gage lengths and tapers Including CAT40. Once we have some holders com back from heat treating and we grind a few we will be making some test cuts and videos. Hopefully this proves to be a better and cheaper alternative to what is available now.

This is great idea, nice work! Makes way more sense to mount the saws this way. I made similar tool with a biscuit joiner blade and use it for parting off aluminum and plastic parts. Just leave part holding by a little tab and it works great. I bet if you made an arbor for these people would buy them too. I find it handy every now and then.

Attachments

• 20201119_225924.jpg
    20201119_225924.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 259
Niche want here... But if you make them with a solid shank that can fit in an ER11 collet and 3/4" or 1" diameter saws, you could take a solid segment of the Swiss machining market.

Thanks for the feedback guys, Let me try to get all questions answered.

Yes all saws will be solid carbide. Not against HSS, maybe in the future I will offer both. HSS has its advantages sometimes.

Yes lots of machinists on instagram, check it out :-). Awesome community of people!!!

Bugrobotics, BT30 holders are 4-5 weeks away. CAT40 scheduled for machining so maybe 6-8 weeks out.

Runout will be spot on. The 4 screws are just for holding the saw. Saw arbor will still mate precisely with tool holder hub.

Teachmeplease, yes. back in the day I used to make a lot of custom saw arbors with 3/8 shank for a 1/4 or 3/8 arbor slitting saw. Will look into it.

Without hub thinckness will be around 1/32-1/4. If I add a hub can go as thin as .015.

I don't like hijacking threads, but I just wanted to ask Frank about his offering of Cat40 Dual Contact shrink fit holders. Are you moving away from making these? There's only 1 on your site.
We're potentially going to be tooling up a new machine soon.
Thanks.

No more hijacking. :D

More shrink are on the way. We made a batch and sold out much quicker than we thought. Machines are so busy with other products no time to schedule them back in. Bringing in more machines.

Back