What's new
What's new

Fraisa End Mill Experiences?

Use as short a toolholder as you can, watch out for resonances (play with S/F to find a "happy spot"). If you get too much chatter with the rougher find a necked endmill with a short flute, maybe upsize to 5/8" rather than 1/2".

Ti is usually not that bad, I like to clear away chips frequently to lessen fire risk.

Use as short a toolholder as you can, watch out for resonances (play with S/F to find a "happy spot"). If you get too much chatter with the rougher find a necked endmill with a short flute, maybe upsize to 5/8" rather than 1/2".

Ti is usually not that bad, I like to clear away chips frequently to lessen fire risk.

Have you had much luck running close to Fraisa recommended SFPM and FPT? This will be running on a HSK63A spindle as well. They called for 452SFPM and .007FPT on the 1/2 diameter tool. At 2.5" ADOC and .012" RDOC if it runs like this with 180 to 220 minutes of tool life I will be impressed.

Have not machined much titanium
I have had experience with Fraisa tools. They make some nice tools. Their online tool selector / speeds and feeds are pretty decent. If needed their online support and telephone support are good resources as well. They make some nice "specialty tools" that solve problems.

I have nothing intelligent to add but that finisher looks more like a leadscrew than an endmill :eek:

I'm curious to see the results :popcorn:

I think they are specifically made for hard milling. I've used some like that in the past 6-8 flutes, high helix, on a 10mm diameter tool.

Just ran the 1/2 rougher at recommended parameters stated above. Ran perfectly, tool looks great after 37 minutes of cutting and couldn't even here the machine running. Impressed so far.

Any one have any good or bad experiences with Fraisa end mills cutting titanium? Tool life or metal removal rate? Any input welcome. Going to be running a 3/4 finisher and 1/2 rougher tomorrow. Wondering what to expect. See pictures below they look really nice!

View attachment 301941
View attachment 301943

been using fraisa stuff for little over a year now, nothing but great experience, Doug is awesome to work with and a great resource.

Have you had much luck running close to Fraisa recommended SFPM and FPT? This will be running on a HSK63A spindle as well. They called for 452SFPM and .007FPT on the 1/2 diameter tool. At 2.5" ADOC and .012" RDOC if it runs like this with 180 to 220 minutes of tool life I will be impressed.

their feeds and speeds have been spot on for us.

Just saw this, and also saw that the testing is going well. Good to hear, and let us know how the finisher runs!

I totally agree about Doug being a huge help. He knows his product very well.

he actually runs and tests almost all of their tools at their facility on their Hermle C32. i visited last year, very impressive operation, i'm confident when he gives me parameters for their tools, they will work. he'll also steer you in the right direction, if you wanted to push their tools to the max, or focus on tool life etc.
cant say enough good things about him and the guys at fraisa usa, they've been HUGE help to us.
we also have their toolcare cabinet that they keep stocked for us, and we only pay when we check out/use a tool.

he actually runs and tests almost all of their tools at their facility on their Hermle C32. i visited last year, very impressive operation, i'm confident when he gives me parameters for their tools, they will work. he'll also steer you in the right direction, if you wanted to push their tools to the max, or focus on tool life etc.
cant say enough good things about him and the guys at fraisa usa, they've been HUGE help to us.
we also have their toolcare cabinet that they keep stocked for us, and we only pay when we check out/use a tool.

Do you use many if the barrel tools?

Back