What's new
What's new

Frozen 21i control

AlfaGTA

Diamond
Have a nice little Harrison 330s Plus CNC lathe that is fitted with a Fanuc 21i control.(GE Fanuc)

Was attempting to to clear an "X" and Z servo alarm.
Batteries for servo drives are low and i was attempting to reset the APZ at parameter 1815.

Had power failure while in the middle of this and now when i power the control i get a single screen
That just shows position.
Can't access any of the other sections of the control. Can't select MDI or open the "System" window to go the the parameters.

Servos are active and i can move both axis using the hand wheels, control displays the position and counts when the axis moves.

If i hold down the "message" key i can see the following message"
300 APC Alarm: X axis needs ZRN
300 APC Alarm: Z axis needs ZRN

306 APC Alarm: X Axis Battery Zero
306 APC Alarm: Z Axis Battery Zero

Was able to get to the screen to download the parameters to a compact flash card by holding the two right soft keys on the screen when booting the control.

Is there a way to view the files from the control?
What i have is :
PMC-RA
SRAM 256A. FDB

I am assuming that the PMC-RA file is a listing of the parameters....
Is there a way to view these files and to edit them if needed....Suspect i have some parameters that are not correct at this point.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers Ross

Have you tried to just open them in Notepad? My parameter backups are just text files.

Thanks for the reply.
Tried opening the files using a text editor (not notepad) and it just looks like chicken soup.....Nothing there that i can decipher.

Cheers Ross

The SRAM 256A. FDB file is vital: is has all the control parameters, programs, offset etc.
DO NOT TAMPER WITH IT. It is not readable by you.
Was this file made before or after your problems started?

Back