What's new
What's new

fryer easy turn series

rm

Plastic
hi , wondering if anybody have experienced that lathe series , need comments.
thanks!
rm

I wanted to buy one, and the dealer talked me out of it, practicly refused to sell it. His reason was that service and parts were so difficult to get. He wound up dropping the line.

We were a FRYER dealership. We no longer are. Support was terrible. They said the machining centers would rigid tap. They never did. I suggest you stay away from Fryer.

George

I know nothing of Fryers, but our local Mazak dealer recently picked them up again. They dropped them from their line quite a few years ago because of the bad quality.
From what the salesman said they did a very thorough(sp? that really doesn't look right) audit of their new quality and testing procedures. Apparently they have sold quite a few since they started selling them again, and the people have been happy, with both the cost and the quality.
I know, salesmen, but I actually trust this guy. He's fun to go drink a couple of beers with, never pushy, it was his first salesjob, and he had to be pushed into it. Its a different world out here in the middle of nowhere, sales are tough and everybody knows everybody, including the owner of the dealership and most of the other salesmen.
Take it for what its worth, but apparently their quality has vastly improved. I would never buy one, once you put a Mazak next to a Fadal and hear how great the Haas service is (wouldn't know how the Mazak service is, they never break, mostly), I'll push for the owner to buy more Mazaks, or maybe a Mori.

We're going to Albuquerque next week for an open house and they will have a couple of Fryers, I'll see how they stack up next to the Mazaks that will be there also.

As of a couple of years ago, FRYERs were still terrible. Maybe they are better now. Take off a few sheet metal pieces and you will see the worst looking castings I have ever seen. Well, I can think of one other machine, a WOLF. We sold one about 10 years ago and sent it back. It looked like the electrical panel came out of the 50's. It was made in China. 2 service techs for North America. One spoke English. At least the techs at FRYER speak English, when you can get them to call you back.

George

Back