What's new
What's new

Fryer MC-10 Shutting Down When Changing Tools

tatool

Plastic
Hi all.

We have a 2008 Fryer MC-10, anilam 6000, 4th axis machine that keeps shutting down when changing tools.

I've scoured the internet with different searches but have come up short. Please bear with me as well because I'm not the actual operator, but yet the diligent office manager.

Any thoughts?

Does it use air during the toolchange?
Or is this a Manuell change and the machine just waits?

---------------------
Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Then if it is alarming "during the change" the first place to look is your air supply. Maybe not enough air pressure, or too small of line? I have placed a surge tank (old compressor with thrown rod) near the mills for surge app.

If this is not it, then maybe you have a prox switch that is bad. The PLC tells it to move "this" and wait for a confirmation from Prox (or limit switch) #123, and if it doesn't see it ever light up, it will wait indefinately. It should wait for a timer to time out and then throw an alarm with some message, but a cheaper machine may not have as good'a alarms.

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Next thing to look at is any contactors that close during the toolchange and see if the contactor firing causes the shutdown. There should be spike suppression transorbs or something similar on the contactors to prevent dumping voltage spikes on the machine power buss. If these go bad- (usually they go open or simply blow up), there is no spike suppression and it can drive the processors in the control crazy. Just a wild guess but worth a look- even solenoids on pneumatic valves could be your issue. Good luck!

Umbrella carousel?

Sometimes the slides simply get gunked up and sticky, and just needs some persuasion, and then cleaned?

Without knowing, or at least seeing a pic of your set-up, we are just throwing darts here...

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Umbrella carousel?

Sometimes the slides simply get gunked up and sticky, and just needs some persuasion, and then cleaned?

Without knowing, or at least seeing a pic of your set-up, we are just throwing darts here...

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thank you guys for throwing darts! I really do appreciate it! :) What actually ended up being the problem was the main fuse contacts inside the cabinet went bad. They ended up replacing it was an external fuse.

Back