What's new
What's new

G31/Fanuc 160i Troubleshooting

Tyler_PCS

Plastic
Hello all,

i know this issue has been discussed in the past and i have read through most of the posts and could not find anything exactly related to my issue and none of the other suggestions in those posts have worked in my scenario.

Machine: OKK Fanuc 160I
Probe: Renishaw OMP60

I am trying to write custom probing macros for my machine and I am having no luck. It seems that the machine does not want to respond to a G31 command. It will initiate a search run in the specific axis with the probe on but once the probe makes contact it will just continue to move in the axis and would break the probe if i let it.

Here is a piece of the program:

O04444(probe test)
G0G53Z-.5
M79
B0.
M78
#5221=-15.355
#5222=-9.380
#5223=-33.
T4M6
G00G90G54X0.Y0.
G53
G43H4Z12.
G53G01G91
G31Z-20.F10.
Z1.
#5223=#5063
G0 G91 G28 Z0.
M30.

so basically, I am trying to touch off the top of my part doing a search run in Z and capturing the probe skip position and setting that skip position to Z0. The problem comes in when the probe touches the part during the search run it will just keep going and try to get to Z-20. I have tried adding a G53 and a dwell before the search run line with no luck. I am currently running the default renishaw probing programs and those are working fine so i know that the probe is working properly.

Any input would be appreciated!

If your control is equipped with High Speed Skip, and is using multiskip inputs, the measurement move command should be: G31 P* X** Y** Z** F**, while P argument is a number of the skip input.
Check bit 4 of parameter 6200 for the status of HSS.

@vancbiker the machine is setup so that once the probe enters the spindle it is turned on.

@PROBE Bit 4 of parameter 6200 shows a 0. The basic renishaw programs that are currently run on that machine are in the format you showed but without a P value. This is the line from the renishaw program that does the measuring "N7G91G31X[#7*COS[#13]]Y[#7*SIN[#13]]Z#9F[#1/4]"

If your control is equipped with High Speed Skip, and is using multiskip inputs, the measurement move command should be: G31 P* X** Y** Z** F**, while P argument is a number of the skip input.
Check bit 4 of parameter 6200 for the status of HSS.

I checked this morning and bit 4 of parameter 6200 is set to 0. The format that you mentioned is how the basic renishaw programs look in my machine but they do not include a P value. This is a line from the program that actually does the measuring: N7G91G31X[#7*COS[#13]]Y[#7*SIN[#13]]Z#9F[#1/4]

If Renishaw programs do work in your machine, yours should work as well.
Run your program in single block. Check if movement in block G31Z-20. F10 is ceased once the probe is triggered.
Advise to let me proceed with troubleshooting.

The machine and probe are set up so that when the probe enters the spindle it is automatically turned on and ready to go

So your probe is the shank switch type or sst up for "auto-start" from the OMM or OMI?

Can you post up what interface (OMM or OMI) you have? What brand machine? Was the probe factory installed or an add-on?

Bit 4 of parameter 6200 being 0 means that the regular skip signal is used. That should be able to be monitored at PMC diagnostic X004 bit 7. It should change state when the probe is triggered manually if the probe is on.

Back