What's new
What's new

G350 Fanuc Controller

ljeremy578

Plastic
I am using a Doosan Lynx 2100LSY with a Fanuc controller and noticed there was a G350 in the codes list. Who uses this? Is it something I should be using? Thanks for the input.

That is what I am wondering. Normally I just run it down to where I know if will part off so I am not sure where the G350 would be needed?

How does it work then? Gentle retract with the subspindle to see if it wants to come along??

The machine tool builder determines exactly how they want it to work. The most common method is for the main and sub to try to change speeds slightly relative to each other. If the main continues to drive the sub then the check fails. If the sub does not match the main then the cut-off is considered good.

This is a possible solution for machines that did not come with a factory cutoff check function. It still requires some method of setting the torque limit condition or value. Do you have an M-code for that or some other method?

No M code on the machine I use this on, discussed it a few times on here before. I posted a rough draft of my method in this thread - I've refined it since then, rolled it into a macro and assigned a g code etc.

Can only speak for myself, but that's how I do it - retract with torque skip, then check the position to see if it got to where it was going.

Machines have a sensor built in next to the cutoff tool.

M51 rapids to clearance plane, positions the sensor, and feeds to X0 and looks for the sensor to trip. Easy peasy.

M51 rapids to clearance plane, positions the sensor, and feeds to X0 and looks for the sensor to trip. Easy peasy.

Not familiar with this one, but some machines incorporate a "whisker" probe to make sure the area is clear.
Never used one tho.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Good solution. I don't recall that thread, but no surprise as I sometimes forget what was for dinner last night!

Thanks, yes the thread was a good while ago! I've been using that successfully on that machine since then with no significant problems - I found the torque value sometimes needs tweaking to get it to work reliably, so I made it a parameter on the g code, but otherwise no issues.

Not familiar with this one, but some machines incorporate a "whisker" probe to make sure the area is clear.
Never used one tho.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yes I've seen such things also, sadly no such functionality on any of my machines.

Never used one tho.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I forget who makes it now, but someone has a very nice servo driven probe that rotates to the tool tip, or to the part tip, and if it's not in the place you taught it, it alarms the machine out. Can be used for tool breakage or cutoff verification.

Back