G71... Please help! What is wrong with this program? - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G71 on 0iTD is slightly different from earlier models. The overall logic, however, is generally same. Therefore, a proven program on 0iTC should run on 0iTD also. The 0iTD operator's manual explains the differences in Appendix, around page 1100.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sinha View Post
    G71 on 0iTD is slightly different from earlier models. The overall logic, however, is generally same. Therefore, a proven program on 0iTC should run on 0iTD also. The 0iTD operator's manual explains the differences in Appendix, around page 1100.
    Hi Sinha,

Assuming you've read the entire thread curious what your take on this is? Regardless of how the P block is defined the finish pass of the roughing cycle does a complete circle. This only occurs with a DOC of .050" all other DOC's run without issue. The almost identical numbers in IK&J radius format run flawlessly regardless of DOC.

I've had this issue one other time (see post #11) on this 0i-TD control. I don't know if this is a stack up of rounding errors causing this thing to end up in left field or a bug in the software?

I'm leaning towards the bug? What you say?

Brent

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Brent,

If, for example, 0.050 causes problem, but 0.049 or 0.051 runs fine, then it has to be a bug.

I may not be correct, but this is what I think:
    The last roughing DOC is less than the specified DOC, to suit the defined profile. If the DOC is so chosen that the last DOC becomes exactly equal to the specified DOC, then this may confuse the control???

4. Likes yardbird liked this post