What's new
What's new

G83 parameter #?

Numbah1

Plastic
Hey guys, i just have a question about g83 pecking cycles on a Fanuc 31.

Helmancnc says there's an Q+d depth set by parameters. Does any1 know where know what #? Id like to see what its set for. I dont want to rapid the very edge of matrl

I know on my machines, your Q is going to be how much it drills before it pecks back up, so for example, my G83 line in my program would look like this
"G83 R0.1 Z-1.0 F4.0 G98 Q.1"
"R" being how far it rapids down before slowing down to "F4.0" "Z" being how deep your drilling overall, and your Q being how deep it drills before pecking back up to .100 above the part. hope this helps

On Fanuc, the default is usually set to .100" for some stupid reason, and that makes cycle times soar.
I always put my retract to .01" when pecking.

On Fanuc, the default is usually set to .100" for some stupid reason, and that makes cycle times soar.
I always put my retract to .01" when pecking.

there is a parameter when drill rapids down to last peck it stops the rapids away usually from .010 to .150" away from last peck
obviously if you got a big chip sticking up where last peck was and you hit it with drill at full rapid it tends to damage the drill depending on the alloy. obviously soft aluminum chip sticking up not as much a problem as a stronger alloy steel chip.
i have often increase it (parameter 6211 on my machine) cause i didnt like the loud crunching sound of big drill hitting a chip sticking up at full rapid and it also increased tool life and reduced sudden tool failures
many have trouble pecking cause they fail to understand the basics

Hello All,
I know this is an old thread, but it came up while I was searching for a solution to this same problem.
I just bought a new lathe with the Fanuc 0i-TF controller and could not get G83 or G74 to fully retract to the R plane when drilling deep holes.
There is a Parameter 5101 that controls this. The bit is RTR. I changed that bit and full retract is not in effect. Hope this helps!

Back