What's new
What's new

Gang Tool Holder for Lathes- My creations

Prnya

Aluminum
I bought a lathe Ikegai fx10z, but I have not got the proper tool holders. I'd like to share with you pictures of my work.Tool holders were individual, looking through the Internet I found OmniTurn (8 tool positions) and I liked its simplicity...I decided to do something similar.I will hang some pictures to see how it looks...I'm bad with writing and language, the images will tell their :)

My gang setup is not nearly as nice as yours but it gets the job done. Turn od of flange, face flange, face back side of flange, bore. 12"od flange. 28 pound part.

DSCF0247.jpgDSCF0244.jpgDSCF0240.jpg

I really like the way you plumbed coolant for coolant through tools, the omni here doesn't have plumbing just creativity.

Robert

Forget photos, post video :-) I like it, similar to what i have planned. Currently my gang set-ups only got the guide rails loosely bolted to the bed and the head stocks bolts are not even fully done up yet :-) Having issues finding anyone with a grinder big enough to level the bed off to my liking currently, not relishing having to scrape out 8 thou of banana!

Here's how it should look.The tools I set up without order...I am waiting to buy some tool holder er16 er20.I'm not going to work, solving some problems. When I set the first job I'll set up video. It should work fine.Maybe I'll only have a problem with coolant, weak pressure...On all of the tools that work will be open.The problem is going to be and a little walking machines, miss a will be seen.Hells I made of brass to not bruise the tool holder.Channel between the holes for easier extraction.Time and work will show their...Gang.jpgGang2.jpg

Back