What's new
What's new

GF Mikron Mill E 700U

empower

Titanium
anyone have any experience with this machine, or GF in general?

from everything i've seen/heard, its a solid MTB. we just won an auction for a used 2019 machine with a 7 pallet pool, HSK63 20k spindle, TSC and 60 tool mag, heidenhain control - which i'll need to learn. hopefully we made a good purchase, the price was killer for sure, just wondering if anyone has real world experience with it.

anyone have any experience with this machine, or GF in general?

from everything i've seen/heard, its a solid MTB. we just won an auction for a used 2019 machine with a 7 pallet pool, HSK63 20k spindle, TSC and 60 tool mag, heidenhain control - which i'll need to learn. hopefully we made a good purchase, the price was killer for sure, just wondering if anyone has real world experience with it.

If you got it for good price then that's a NICE score !

As always depends how you want to use use it.

That's a really good combination - pallet pool, HSK 20K, 60 tools , and Heidenhain...

The machine is pretty accurate not amazeballs accurate, machine is not as heavy as what one would ideally like but does good. GOOD ergonomics.

Awesome !

If you got it for good price then that's a NICE score !

As always depends how you want to use use it.

That's a really good combination - pallet pool, HSK 20K, 60 tools , and Heidenhain...

The machine is pretty accurate not amazeballs accurate, machine is not as heavy as what one would ideally like but does good. GOOD ergonomics.

Awesome !

thanks bud! pm'd you the details, sounds like we scored pretty well, looking forward to firing it up and taking her for a spin.

You're not going to be sad about it. But I suggest you brush up on HSM techniques, because you're not going to be doing much hogging, at least in the sense that many of us here are used to.

You're not going to be sad about it. But I suggest you brush up on HSM techniques, because you're not going to be doing much hogging, at least in the sense that many of us here are used to.

thanks man!
i'd like to think i've got a pretty decent grasp on HSM style toolpaths, been using them since i started machining/programming about 5 years ago. i also have Fraisa in my corner helping me with strategies/tooling/parameters so hopefully should be ok.

Jealous! I thought about getting in on it, but assumed with all the advertising of that auction it would be overpriced. Would love to know what you paid.

Back