What's new
What's new

Ghost in my WinCNC

ocmsrzr

Plastic
1. machine manufacturer and type -- AXYZ / Camwood collaboration CNC Router, 3 axis
2. year of manufacture -- 2001
3. machine model -- 2578-2469
4. control brand and model -- WinCNC
5. any machinery options/ accessories if they play into the issue -- ATC
6. brand, model, and year of manufacture of accessorie the problem is related to

I've got a ghost in my WinCNC controller. When doing long 3d cuts, or running any cut file of over 45 minutes or so, variably my machine seems to loose steps. Usually an eighth of an in or so, could be in x y or z axis. Results in bad cuts, crashing during tool change, ect. The guy that retrofitted the wincnc system (whom will remain nameless) did a sloppy install job. There are bare wires all over the place, hardware littered all over the cabinet, ect... I'm going to go through it and see if I can figure it out, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas? My best idea is that the computer and the CNC cabinet may not be grounded to the same circuit, which as I remember from my mach3 days, can result in this type of thing. Also, it's possible that cables are bad and there is crosstalk. Thoughts?
Thanks, Ian.

I think it's an actual ghost. So you need to contact a Spiritual Medium to get rid of that. Or the Ghostbusters (female ones are better)

R

I had a similar problem it turned out to be manufacturer doing a poor job in wiring and grounding. In my case the machine control was fed 220V with no neutral they then used some 120 volt fans and contractors and used case ground rather than a neutral for a 120 volt circuit. They also zip tied control cables to power cables and there was a signal induced onto the control circuits for the servos. It took me about a year to sort it all out. My machine also uses WinCNC but is a much newer machine 2014. The problems had nothing to do with WinCNC.

Yeah thanks for this. I'm operating under the belief that my ghost lives somewhere in the neighborhood you describe.

Check for the cabinet overheating since you said it takes 45 minutes for errors to occur.

Back