What's new
What's new

Good stuff in new machine threads?

trochoidalpath

Cast Iron
Hey folks,

I have a new shop and new machine thread a-brewing. Good times.

What do you want to see? What gets your coffee started in the morning in such a thread? Easy enough to throw up a few photos of a clean new place but I'd love to put in content that people actually would be interested in.

I like to see a manual lathe or grinder problem solved in 6 to 10 posts.
Yes agree a cnc problem solve is great for the many CNC guys.
and how someone did an odd machining or fixturing job and had success.

and right side up photos

I am here to hopefully learn something. Secretly looking for the pic of the riggers dropping the machine on its face or the truck stuck in a culvert and the forklift on two wheels..

If you post pictures, post pictures not those crummy little thumbnails of a picture that no one can tell what the heck it is! Oh make sure it's focused, though I have noticed either the camera's or the photographers are getting better these days. A blurry picture is not a picture, it's a blur!

Whew..., picture rant over! I feel much better now.

If you want your pictures to be here for all time and eternity then upload them to the site and let the site host them or they are subject to the same shit photobucket did. This has been a long standing debate, the how to load pictures. If you always want them in your thread upload them here. Do make sure they are good pictures and folks will be able to see them.

When the dust settles and you have time post up some pictures of your shop buddy, pussy, puppy, snake, possum, groundhog, mother-in-law. Just kidding, look forward to seeing the machine and reading your post.

Brent

It's always nice to see the old machine that the new one replaced (when that happens) so you can see the change in wear and features. Also good to see how stuff is moved around. What size forklift was there and how you shifted other machines to squeeze inside.

Our new shop is much larger than our old one, but I still remember everyone commenting how cramped we were going to be (kinda annoying to hear after spending a year or so deciding the layout). You ALWAYS need more space than you've got.

I have to admit I do like the "Guess the machine" from a blurry obscure fragment of an image... Some people here are amazing at that (sorry !).

Especially given that IMTS and similar are over a more distant horizon; anything that shows the basic ergonomics of the machine, i.e. have a "Human" of average size in the shot , or leaning into the machine to fixtures or spindle etc. OR for a new model where few are in the wild "Human" for a general sense of scale. (Probably after full install.).

General shots of "space " clearance needed around a machine visually helps too. (Clearance for access panels and roll away tanks etc. )

Ta.

(Good Luck).

Back